CCleaner has helped many Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users tidy up things in their systems, and now it has received an update that makes it ready to Windows 10, as well.
Piriform Software has recently released the CCleaner 5.0.8 FINAL and CCleaner 5.0.8 Portable version which were available for download more than a week ago, but only now have I seen the notification. Here’s how the official changelog looks like:
- Improved Windows 10 (10240 RTM build) compatibility
- Improved Microsoft Edge Cache and Saved Password cleaning
- Improved Opera 30 Session cleaning
- Added Microsoft Edge Browser Monitoring (CCleaner Professional only)
- Added ‘Open CCleaner’ to System and Browser Monitoring (CCleaner Professional only)
- Improved Include and Exclude Wildcard support
- Added Foxit Reader 7 and RealTimes cleaning
- Improved Avira Antivirus, BlueStacks and Media Player Classic cleaning
- Updated various translations
- Minor GUI Improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Since Windows 10 has been officially released as a free upgrade, CCleaner hasn’t come up with another version to announce ‘full support’ for the new OS, so we’ll have make use of this ‘improved compatibility’ version. But with so many errors out there, it’s almost a given for Piriform to come up with another version. One that happens we will make sure to update the app with the fresh changelog.
As we can see, the new version also comes with improved Microsoft Edge Cache and Saved Password cleaning, which will prove helpful if you resort to CCleaner to clean everything on your device and you don’t clean your browser separately. Furthermore, it has received improved Avira Antivirus, BlueStacks and Media Player Classic cleaning, among other various improvements and bug fixes.
READ ALSO: Skip Login at Start of Windows 10 [How to]