CCleaner update for Windows 10 adds new features and improvements
The latest software update takes the tool to CCleaner version 5.47.6716 and it brings three important improvements:
- Fixed cleaning from the Recycle Bin context menu
- Fixed cleaning via commandline
- Added a new Edge cleaning rule for cleaning Credit Card data
The previous update was more feature-rich, and added new privacy options and smart cleaning features, namely:
- Added a separate control for the reporting of anonymous usage data
- Added a link to a Data Factsheet, which explains the data reported from CCleaner, why it’s reported, and what it’s used for
- Renamed the ‘Monitoring’ feature to ‘Smart Cleaning’, to better describe its function (intelligent cleaning alerts)
- Reworded checkboxes for clarity
- If Smart Cleaning is disabled, CCleaner’s background process will close and the feature will not run on startup
You can check out the changelog of the latest CCleaner updates on Piriform’s official website.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy. You can read the original report below.
Piriform Software has recently released the CCleaner 5.0.8 FINAL and CCleaner 5.0.8 Portable version which were available for download more than a week ago, but only now have I seen the notification. Here’s how the official changelog looks like:
- Improved Windows 10 (10240 RTM build) compatibility
- Improved Microsoft Edge Cache and Saved Password cleaning
- Improved Opera 30 Session cleaning
- Added Microsoft Edge Browser Monitoring (CCleaner Professional only)
- Added ‘Open CCleaner‘ to System and Browser Monitoring (CCleaner Professional only)
- Improved Include and Exclude Wildcard support
- Added Foxit Reader 7 and RealTimes cleaning
- Improved Avira Antivirus, BlueStacks and Media Player Classic cleaning
- Updated various translations
- Minor GUI Improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Since Windows 10 has been officially released as a free upgrade, CCleaner hasn’t come up with another version to announce ‘full support’ for the new OS, so we’ll have make use of this ‘improved compatibility’ version. But with so many errors out there, it’s almost a given for Piriform to come up with another version. One that happens we will make sure to update the app with the fresh changelog.
As we can see, the new version also comes with improved Microsoft Edge Cache and Saved Password cleaning, which will prove helpful if you resort to CCleaner to clean everything on your device and you don’t clean your browser separately. Furthermore, it has received improved Avira Antivirus, BlueStacks and Media Player Classic cleaning, among other various improvements and bug fixes.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix CCleaner “Error 5: Access is denied” in Windows 10
- How to stop CCleaner alerts on Windows 10
- Fix: CCleaner taking forever to scan
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]