- By default, background customization. does not offer much of personalization options when it comes to
- In this article, we explore how to change background in with themes and Windows customization.
- Do check out our dedicated Browser section for more articles.
- Explore our thorough Windows 10 Hub to help you make the most out of your PC.
Thankfully, Chrome did make some effort to allow more customization to change the appearance of the browser by introducing a few official theme designs via its Chrome Web store.
In this article, let’s take a look at the different ways to change Chrome background color with an easy step by step guide.
How can I change the Chrome image background color?
1. Install themes from Chrome store
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the three-dots and select Settings.
- From the left pane, open the Appearance tab.
- Click on Themes. This will open the Themes section in the Chrome web store.
- Go through the themes and select the one that you want to apply.
- Click the Add to Chrome button.
Once installed, Chrome will automatically apply the installed theme and change the appearance of the browser. The changes will be applied to even the browser background.
Chrome offers a bunch of in-house minimalist themes to change the Chrome background. If you want to spice it up a bit more, then scroll through other themes listed by third-party developers in the Themes tab.
If you want to revert to the default theme for any reason, here’s how to do it.
Changing the default theme for Incognito mode
Chrome’s Incognito mode has the default black background. Even if you have applied a custom them to your Chrome, it will not affect the background of the Incognito tab.
Fortunately, the Chrome web store has a few themes that solely focus on Chrome’s Incognito color scheme.
The first is the Material Incognito Light Theme. It makes your Incognito tabs look just like normal tabs. However, the Incognito icon is still active on the top-left corner.
Material Classic Blue Theme is for those preferring the old classic Chrome look. Apart from the color options, it also helps you better distinguish between a normal and Incognito mode compared to Material Incognito Light Theme.
2. Change system color in Personalization
- Press Windows key + I.
- Open Personalization.
- Select Colors.
- Under ‘Choose your color‘ select Custom.
- Uncheck ‘Automatically pick an accent color from my background’. Box.
- Now pick a color from the Recent Colors or Windows Color option.
- Windows will apply the selected color to all the supported apps, including Chrome.
While this is a quick and simple solution, unlike the Chrome theme, Windows personalization color changes only affect Chrome tabs and header. So, that’s something to keep in mind.
Staring at the same old Chrome background can become boring. By using the Chrome themes or changing colors in the Windows personalization option, you can make your Chrome experience a bit colorful.