- The Logitech G Pro is a wireless gaming mouse that offers a great optical sensor, along with other top-notch features.
- You can also adjust its DPI settings to make it more suitable for games that aren't first-person shooters.
- If you want to change DPI on L0gitech G Pro wireless, use the G Hub software.
Logitech G Pro wireless is one of the best gaming mice that combines the click-to-spec feel of a mechanical switch with the convenience and reliability of optical technology. It is designed for gamers who demand wireless freedom without sacrificing pro-grade performance, durability, and comfort.
Although it’s quite a bit heavier than other mice on the market, its high-quality sensor makes it worth using. It is one of the first wireless gaming mice to have customizable colors, which is a great feature as well.
However, a lot of people are having issues with it being too sensitive and not accurate enough. If you are also struggling with the same problem, then this guide should help.
What is DPI and why should you change it?
The DPI (dots per inch) on a mouse is the number of dots that the mouse can detect when it moves a single inch. A higher DPI setting means there are more dots, which in turn translates to a finer level of control over your cursor on the screen.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Ultra-high DPI settings are generally reserved for gamers and power users who need to make precision movements on their screens.
When you change your DPI setting, you need to calculate how many pixels you need to move on the screen before your cursor moves one inch.
If you want to change DPI on Logitech G Pro wireless, simply follow the instructions below.
How can I change DPI on Logitech G Pro wireless?
- Open the G Hub software.
- Click on the G symbol on your mouse to run G Hub software.
- Go to the Sensitivity tab on the left panel.
- In the right pane, you can see all the DPI speeds. The underlined DPI speed is the current DPI speed of your mouse. The Orange DPI is your shift speed.
- Change the DPI speed by selecting a different point in the right pane.
- You can also double-click on a value and type in a new speed. Hit Enter after changing the settings.
- If you want to delete a DPI level, do it by right-clicking on the point and selecting Delete
- Close the G Hub software.
What is the ideal DPI for your Logitech G Pro wireless?
Did you know that the mouse pointer movement on your computer screen is not based on a regular grid? A pointer movement is based on dot-by-dot scanning. To achieve smooth movements, you need a high DPI number, which stands for dots per inch and is also referred to as PPI (pixels per inch).
Since the screen resolution is also measured in pixels per inch, the higher the DPI number, the smoother the mouse pointer movement will be.
The best part of the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is that it allows users to customize options that wouldn’t be available otherwise. One such case was with the procedure mentioned in this guide. To make things easier, Logitech offers the switch to open the G Hub tool on the mouse itself.
If you are looking for the best Logitech mouse in 2022, please go through our guide on the same.
In case you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.