You can’t be a PC gamer without having the perfect gaming mouse to play all your favorite games. There are a lot of tech specifications that go into gaming mice, and you should pick the ideal one for your own needs and preferences.
A great gaming mouse offers extended lifespan, a high polling rate frequency for faster response time, RGB lighting, ergonomic design, and a high DPI rating that comes in handy especially when you’re playing games on a high-res gaming monitor.
To help you pick the best gaming mouse, we chose the best Windows 10 gaming mice on the market and we’ll details each and every one’s features..
What is the best PC mouse for a smooth gaming experience?
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2017 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
- 7200 DPI and 4 polling rate
- Easy-to-program mouse buttons
- 30 million clicks lifespan
- Unresponsive buttons when clicked on the sides
Although the PICTEK mouse comes with more than enough options one would use, installing the dedicated software unlocks tens of other features and options such as backlight colors or mouse functions.
The customizable functions can’t be used on macOS, however you might want to give the device a try.
Users highly appreciate the easy set up and the ergonomic shape.
- Exclusive TrueMove 3 sensor
- Advanced jitter reduction
- Up to 12,000 DPI
- Double-clicking issues reported by users
The SteelSeries Sensei 310 is a great gaming mouse that comes with up to 12,000 DPI, ambidextrous design, ono-to-one tracking up to 3,500 CPI and 50-million click lifespan.
Some of the most notable features that make this mouse stand out:
- Exclusive split-trigger buttons that provide long-lasting durability and a consistent and fast click feel.
- You can choose from the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors, and the reactive illumination responds to in-game events such as low health levels, low ammo, kills and more.
- You can save all your performance and lighting settings straight to the mouse, and these will remain saved for software-free use at LAN events.
- Made of lightweight, durable materials that provide a natural movement.
- Delivers some impressive real-world sensitivity results.
- Tunable balance and weight
- Tracking accuracy
- Fully customizable RGB LED
- The light sensor might fail too quickly
The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum can be customized with up to six 3.6 gram weights, and this will give you a lighter or a heavier mouse.
It also comes with surface-turnable gaming sensor made with Logitech’s Delta Zero technology that allows you use the mouse on a large variety of surfaces besides the regular mouse mat.
Take a look at its key features:
- Tunable balance and weight to provide users the opportunity to add personal tweaks.
- You can adjust up to 16.8 million colors and brightness, and you’ll be able to bring this mouse to life with all kinds of breathing light patterns.
- You can also set your lighting to sleep when you are not using your system.
- Sensitive optical sensor and Logitech-G Delta Zero optical tech that minimizes mouse acceleration, and increases reliability in the targeting area.
- You can sync colors and light patterns with other Logitech gaming products, and you can tune the sensor to match the surface for maximum speed.
- Textured rubber grips and button layout that provide an overall fantastic feel and incredible performance.
- Easy programmable 11 buttons for all your favorite games.
- You can also adjust hyper-fast scrolling and switch DPI modes.
- Fully customizable RGB LED, and you can set the color, mode indicators, and cycle speed.
- Quick-release switch for the USB cable
- Ultrafast responsive buttons
- Onboard profile storage
- Might seem hard to calibrate
The ROG Gladius II is a mouse built for comfort across all grips, and even if it doesn’t feature the swappable weights that more mice do, especially the ones in this price range, everything feels comfortable.
The mouse is best suited for first-person shooters rather than for MMOs.
Here are the essential features you should take into consideration:
- Quick-release switch at the bottom of the mouse that releases the micro-USB cable.
- Push-fit socket design that lets you quickly change switches and this way you will be able to vary click resistance or to extend the lifespan of the mouse by replacing broken/worn switches.
- Dedicated DPI target button; if you hold it down, it will lower the DPI for more accurate sniping; it can raise the DPI as well for faster scrolling.
- Swappable buttons, a clickable scroll wheel, and a sensitivity toggle and these are essential features for a gaming mouse.
- Powerplay Wireless Charging System
- Pivot button design
- Battery life with default lighting: 24 hours
- Double clicking issues
The Logitech G903 with lightspeed wireless technology delivers excellent responsiveness, and it features the world’s most advanced PMW3366 optical sensor for superior tracking and accuracy. Take a look at more of its impressive features:
- PMW3366 optical sensor.
- Powerplay Wireless Charging System – the world’s first wireless gaming mouse charging system.
- Pivot button design with advanced tensioning; it delivers an exceptionally clean and crisp button feel, consistency and response.
- You also have the option to use the included USB adapter to keep your USB transceiver close to switch between wireless and wired modes quickly.
- Customizable brilliant RGB that lets you customize lighting brightness and color in all kinds of ways to match your system, style, and environment.
he Corsair gaming mouse is built for comfort, and it features a coating of soft-touch paint and interchangeable thumb grips that are able to augment ergonomic even more. Take a look at this mouse’s most notable features:
- Designed for extended play because it provides comfort and the possibility to customize it with interchangeable thumb grips.
- The custom high-accuracy 16000 DPI gaming sensor provides maximum performance.
- You can compose vivid RGB lighting effects with Glaive RGB’s 3-zone dynamic RGB lighting powered by the CUE software.
- The mouse provides users the opportunity to immerse themselves in the vivid RGB lighting effects with the dynamic RGB backlighting, and it offers unlimited illumination adjustability.
- You can assign macros to any button for creating dynamic lighting effects with the Corsair Utility Engine.
This SteelSeries mouse comes with a black and white OLED display, and you can use it for instance in Dota 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Minecraft for a customizable tool to enhance your play sessions. Check out its best features:
- The mouse provides you the opportunity of choosing which in-game events automatically trigger a tactile alert.
- Customizable vibration patterns, triggers, duration, and tactile alerts.
- Provides your real-time stats including headshot percentage, gold per minute, gun accuracy and more.
- You can effortlessly switch between different sensitivities, weapons, and games.
- The Pixart 3360 provides an authentic tracking experience.
- Equipped with swappable cables, and you can choose the best cable length for your gaming experience.
You can never go wrong with a Razer DeathAdder mouse, and this model features a new eSports-grade sensor and the same right-handed ergonomic design as the previous models. The mouse couples cutting-edge tech with fantastic ergonomics and extended durability. Take a look at the most important features of the Razer DeathAdder Elite mouse:
- Comes with the world’s most advanced optical sensor that has true 16,000 DPI, accurate tracking, and 450 inches per second.
- Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches that are optimized and tweaked for the fastest response times for gaming.
- Tactile Scroll Wheel that provides fantastic control; your fingers will always stay firmly on the wheel while you will be getting tactile feedback; you won’t have to worry about misfiring ever again.
- Additional DPI buttons for more sensitivity during your battles.
- You can choose from the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors and custom effects to personalize your mouse.
Featuring accelerated coverage of the entire DPI range, zero smoothing, and filtering, this Logitech G900 mouse is prepared for everything. It comes with an ambidextrous design that is perfect for left-handed players. Here are its most notable features:
- Ultra-quick one millisecond wired or wireless report rate and lightweight body that manage to deliver fantastic responsiveness for competition-level twitch targeting.
- Battery-saving Clock Tuning Technology.
- PMW3366 optical sensor for maximum tracking accuracy.
- Provides consistent targeting accuracy and responsiveness at any speed.
- Customizable physical button layout and lightweight design that offers the perfect fit and feel in your hand.
- You can program 11 buttons with game macros, media controls, and DPI shifting.
- You will be able to match your style by adjusting the mouse up to 16.8 million colors and brightness.
- Delivers fast, accurate and reliable click performance due to the metal spring tensioning system and the metal pivot hinge design.
- The crisp click feel is perfect for rapid-fire gaming.
The Corsair Harpoon features a grippable leather texture, and its average size makes it ideal for both large and small hands. Here are the essential features that it boasts:
- Perfect for FPS gaming, and it features a 6000 DPI optical gaming sensor with advanced tracking and high-speed motion detection ideal for accuracy and control.
- Lightweight and designed to fit naturally in your hand, featuring support for multiple grip styles to provide a slip-free experience.
- Comes pre-configured for the best performance, and you can customize your DPI stages as you please.
- The 1000Hz polling rate pushes the limits of the USB protocol for high responsiveness and a lag-free experience.
- Smart lighting with infinite colors and lighting effects.
- Six fully-programmable buttons that enable complex macros, simple remaps and more.
If you’re an avid MMO gamer, this is the perfect mouse for you. Key features include: 16400 DPI, 12000 FPS, 30G acceleration, 1000 Hz polling rate and 100-150in/s cursor speed.
This monster mouse is equipped with 18 programmable buttons allowing you to set up a dedicated button for basically all the commands you use while gaming. There are also 5 memory profiles that you can choose from.
Each of these profiles supports a distinct light color which is a very cool feature to have especially if you’re gaming in low light environments. Of course, if you’re not a fan of flashy lights, you can simply disable the LEDs.
This UtechSmart Venus gaming mouse offers excellent gaming control. Thanks to its ergonomic right-hand design, you’ve got excellent grip during gameplay.
And this is where our recommendations of gaming mice come to an end. A mouse is one of the most critical weapons in any gamer’s arsenal, so make sure to check out all the mice and their features described above before making the perfect choice for your needs and for having the best gaming experience.
FAQ: Learn more about gaming mice
- How many clicks does a gaming mouse last?
Specialized gaming mice can last anywhere from 20 million clicks up to 50 million clicks.
- Are wireless mice good for gaming?
Wireless mice are excellent for gaming as they’re highly versatile and allow for freedom of movement. See our recommendations for such devices.
- How long do wireless mouse batteries last?
On average, based on an 8 hour usage time daily, if you use a two AA battery configuration, your wireless mouse battery should last for 30 days.
- Do wireless mice have input lag?
Compared to a wired mouse, a wireless mouse does have a bit of lag due to the time needed for encoding, transmitting and decoding the wireless signal. On average, this lag is between 8ms to 10ms.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2017 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.