- Every Steam player can set a profile picture or avatar for their friends to see while they play games.
- You can change your Steam profile picture easily, whether you use the desktop client or website.
- If you want to explore some more useful information, our Steam webpage will surely be of help.
- To get the latest gaming guides, repairs, and reviews, look no further than our Gaming Portal.
The steps to change or add a Steam profile image are pretty straightforward, but you may need some pointers to do it without any worries or troubles.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to change your Steam profile picture in 6 easy steps.
How can I change my Steam profile picture?
- Visit the Steam website or open the Steam client.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your username and choose View profile from the dropdown menu.
- Select Edit Profile from your profile page. If it’s your first login, the button would say Setup Steam Profile.
- Navigate to the Avatar section in the left panel. Select a picture from the Your avatars section.
- If you want to upload a profile picture from your local storage, click the Upload your avatar button.
- Browse for a suitable Steam profile picture and upload it.
- Click on the Save Changes
You can edit your Steam profile picture by changing it using the steps mentioned above. All the changes can be performed either from the Steam client or from the official website.
If you find that your Steam app stops responding when you change your profile picture, check out this comprehensive guide.
Also, remember to crop or resize your new profile picture before uploading it. Do this because neither the website nor Steam client has facilities for cropping, resizing, or repositioning your picture.