- The Chrome Address Bar missing problem is one of the prominent issues on Google's top-rated browser.
- The presence of malware on PC can cause this problem amongst other unwanted complications.
- A simple and quick fix for this problem is to perform a deep virus scan, but this guide will provide you with more information.
You have found this article because your Chrome address bar is missing.
The Chrome Address Bar is designed to make the browser easy to use, and packs in some essential features like typing autocomplete, among others.
However, users are complaining that the Address Bar is missing in Chrome. With this comes the difficulty of performing simple tasks like URL search on the browser.
Be at rest if you face this problem, as this detailed guide contains seven viable solutions. You only need to follow the steps listed, and your Address Bar will be back on Chrome.
If you want a more interesting-looking Address Bar, try out these 5 browsers that let you customize your Address Bar.
Why can’t I see my address bar on Chrome?
The address bar is always at the top of your browser, but when it disappears, it could be for any of the following reasons:
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- The settings for your browser have changed
- The computer is infected with malware
- You have placed your browser in fullscreen mode
- Your browser files are corrupted
Regardless of the cause, you should successfully rectify this error using the solutions we recommend in this article.
If you are having errors in Chrome, we would suggest trying another browser. We highly recommend Opera One, as you can easily import your bookmarks and saved info from Chrome, and it is compatible with Chrome extensions.
What’s more, the Address Bar is ideally placed for easy access. Finally, it is a highly secure browser with its VPN, ad blocking, and native AI features, ensuring you are virtually safe and organized.
Opera OneSwitch to Opera One from Chrome with all bookmarks, passwords, and extensions.
How can I get my address bar back in Chrome?
1. Update Chrome
- Click the menu button (three vertical dots) in the top right corner.
- Click the Help option, and select About Google Chrome.
- This should automatically update your browser, and you may be required to restart the browser.
2. Activate Bookmarks Bar
- Click the menu button, and select the Settings option.
- Choose the Appearance option on the left pane, and toggle on the Show bookmarks bar switch.
- Now verify that your Address back is displaying.
3. Exit full-screen mode
The full-screen mode, by default, hides the Address Bar, your PC Taskbar, and other browser and PC elements. It only shows the content of the page you are viewing and nothing more.
Press the F11 key on your PC to deactivate the full-screen mode. This should return all the missing elements on Chrome, including the Address Bar.
4. Force stop Chrome
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Task Manager option.
- Right-click the Google Chrome app on the list of running apps, then select End task.
- Now, relaunch Chrome and check if the Address Bar is back.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Chrome
- Press the Start button, type control panel, and then select the Control Panel app.
- From the options, click Programs.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Lastly, locate the Chrome app and right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Visit the Chrome official website.
- Click on Download Chrome.
- Double click the downloaded file and follow the wizard to complete the installation.
6. Scan for malware
The impact of malware on a PC can run as deep as affecting the performance of your browser.
You can use the full scan option of the Windows Defender to perform a deep scan and remove possible viruses causing the Chrome Address Bar to be missing.
For a more intense search that will dig out viruses that are nearly impossible to erase, you can use the renowned ESET NOD32 antivirus.
It is a super-secure, no-nonsense software that digs deep into your system and removes the most stubborn viruses. It offers both offline and online security and protects your PC from attacks.
Starting from crypto wallet protection to secure online shopping and safe webcam streaming, it offers premium security as if it is nothing.
It might just be all you need to get Chrome working perfectly again.
Where is the Chrome menu bar?
In Chrome, the menu is usually hidden within the Chrome menu icon.
To expand and open up the menu, click on the three vertical dots at the top-right side of your browser.
There’s nothing special about a modern browser when it is not easy to use. And that ease of use is taken away when the Address Bar is missing on Chrome.
As always, we have explained how you can get the address bar back and return that unique edge to your browser. If you are facing other issues aside from this, you can check out our guides on troubleshooting chrome issues for well-detailed solutions.
Besides, after the recent changes to the UI, you will have to manually move the Chrome download bar to the bottom.
Lastly, tell us the fix that worked for you in the comments section below. You can also state any effective fix you have tried that is not on this list.