Comodo Firewall is one of the most popular freemium solutions in the niche with the community of software aficionados and excellent features.
Now, even though it supports Windows 10, there seems to be a bag of issues and it looks like the collaboration between the two isn’t exactly at top-notch standards. Some users reported minor bugs in Windows 10, while others weren’t able to run it in the first place.
Luckily, there’s a solution to this problem so make sure to check it out and you should be able to run Comodo in a sec. Well, not exactly a sec, since it will take some time. But, nonetheless, the procedure we presented below should get you going.
How to fix Comodo Firewall issues in Windows 10
What you’ll need to do in order to make Comodo work on your PC is to reinstall it in a special manner. The classic installer should work by default since the developer provided patches to optimize it for Windows 10, but if that’s not the case for you, make sure to follow the instructions below:
- In the Windows Search, type Control, and open Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program from the Category view.
- Navigate to Comodo, uninstall it, and restart your PC.
- Download Comodo uninstaller tool, here.
- Run the forced uninstaller tool to remove the registry entries and backlogs.
- Restart your PC again.
- Run the forced uninstaller again and let it double-check for remaining files.
- Once you’re certain that nothing left behind Comodo Firewall, download the installer, here.
- Run the installer and watch for bloatware sneaking on you.
- Wait for the installation to complete and reboot your PC.
- In the Windows Search bar, type Control again, and open Control Panel.
- Click on the Comodo, but this time instead of Uninstall choose Modify.
- Uncheck the box beside the Comodo Antivirus and leave the box beside Comodo Firewall.
- Confirm changes and restart your PC.
That should enable you to use Comodo Firewall just like on previous Windows iterations: in a seamless and enjoyable manner.
Speaking of firewall software, if you’re planning to replace Comodo Firewall with another tool, this list of the best firewall software for Windows 10 may help you decide which one to install.
In case you have questions or alternative solutions in regards to Comodo Firewall issues in Windows 10, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 8 best antivirus for enterprise software to secure your business
- 5 best antivirus tune-up to shield your computer
- Microsoft Security Essentials vs. top third-party antiviruses
- Bitdefender Box 2 aims to be the best IoT antivirus device
- 4 best antivirus solutions for USB flash drives