The Arduboy is a small, portable game console with a similar design to the Nintendo Game Boy. It is a game console based on the Arduino board designs, which include Arduino/Genuino Uno.
Users can connect their Arduboys with Windows PCs to upload games to them with the Arduino IDE (Integrated Developer Environment) software.
However, some users have posted on the Arduboy support forum about an Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno issue.
That error arises when users try to upload a game (otherwise sketch) to the Arduboy with the Arduino IDE software. Consequently, users can’t upload games to their Arduboy when that error arises.
What can I do about the compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno error?
1. Make sure you’ve selected the right Arduino board
- The Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno issue can arise when users haven’t selected the right board design within Arduino IDE. To select the correct board, click the Tools menu in the Arduino IDE software.
- Then select Board to open the menu shown directly below.
- Select Arduino/Genuino Uno if that’s not currently selected.
2. Install missing Arduboy libraries
- The Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno error is often due to missing Arduboy libraries needed by the games. To install missing Arduboy libraries, click the Sketch menu.
- Then select Include Library to open the menu in the snapshot directly below.
- Click Manage Libraries to open the window shown directly below.
- To search for Arduboy libraries, enter the keyword Arduboy in the search box.
- Make sure all the Arduboy libraries listed below are installed:
- You can install selected libraries by clicking the More info links and Install buttons for them. Select the latest versions of the libraries on their drop-down menus.
- Click the Close button when you’ve installed all missing Arduboy libraries.
3. Reinstall the Adruino IDE software
- Some users might need to reinstall the Adruino IDE software to resolve the compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno error. First, open File Explorer in Windows.
- If you’re utilizing Arduino IDE 1.6.6 or later, open this path in Explorer: C: > Users(username) > AppData > Local > Arduino15. Users with Arduino IDE 1.6.5r5 or previous should open this folder: C: > Users (username) > AppData > Roaming > Arduino15.
- Select the Adruino15 folder, and press the Delete button.
- Next, open Run’s window by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and click the OK button.
- Select Arduino in the Programs and Features window.
- Click the Uninstall option.
- If an uninstall prompt opens, click the Yes button on it.
- Restart Windows before you reinstall Arduino.
- Click the Windows app on the Arduino website. Then click the Just Download option.
- Thereafter, reinstall the Arduino IDE software. Note that you’ll also need reinstall boards with the Board Manager.
Those are three ways users can fix Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno error. With that issue fixed, you can then play Arduboy games.