How to install Arduino software and drivers on Windows 10
You just bought your first Arduino board and you want to start building your very own digital device. Well, first off, you need to install the Arduino software on your Windows computer as well as the necessary drivers.
In this article, we’ll show how you can install all the tools you need in less than 10 minutes.
How to install Arduino software on Windows 10
- Go to the software download page > select the Arduino IDE Installer (.exe)
- Wait until the download process completes > install the software and choose the components that you want to install, as well as the install location
- Accept driver installation when prompted by Windows 10
If you choose to select the Zip package, you should know that you need to install the board drivers manually.
How to install Arduino drivers on Windows 10
- Go to Start > type ‘device manager’ > double click the first result to launch the Device Manager.
- Go to Ports > locate the Arduino UNO port
- In case you can’t find that port, go to Other Devices and locate Unknown Device
- Select the Arduino UNO port > click on Update Driver
- Select the option ‘Browse my computer for Driver software’ > go to the Arduino software download location > select the arduino.inf file/Arduino UNO.inf (depending on your software version)
- Wait until Windows finishes the driver install process.
Now that you installed the Arduino software and driver on your computer, it’s time to open your first sketch. Select your board type and port and upload a program to make sure that your board is up and running.
That’s pretty much it, follow the steps listed above and you should be able to get your Arduino board started in just a few minutes.
Should you encounter any issues while using your board, Windows Report compiled a list of the most common issues affecting Arduino and their corresponding fixes.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]