How to install Arduino software and drivers on Windows 10
You just bought your first Arduino board and you want to start building your very own digital device. Well, first off, you need to install the Arduino software on your Windows computer as well as the necessary drivers.
In this article, we’ll show how you can install all the tools you need in less than 10 minutes.
How to install Arduino software on Windows 10
- Go to the software download page > select the Arduino IDE Installer (.exe)
- Wait until the download process completes > install the software and choose the components that you want to install, as well as the install location
- Accept driver installation when prompted by Windows 10
If you choose to select the Zip package, you should know that you need to install the board drivers manually.
How to install Arduino drivers on Windows 10
- Go to Start > type ‘device manager’ > double click the first result to launch the Device Manager.
- Go to Ports > locate the Arduino UNO port
- In case you can’t find that port, go to Other Devices and locate Unknown Device
- Select the Arduino UNO port > click on Update Driver
- Select the option ‘Browse my computer for Driver software’ > go to the Arduino software download location > select the arduino.inf file/Arduino UNO.inf (depending on your software version)
- Wait until Windows finishes the driver install process.
Now that you installed the Arduino software and driver on your computer, it’s time to open your first sketch. Select your board type and port and upload a program to make sure that your board is up and running.
That’s pretty much it, follow the steps listed above and you should be able to get your Arduino board started in just a few minutes.
Should you encounter any issues while using your board, Windows Report compiled a list of the most common issues affecting Arduino and their corresponding fixes.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Here is an interesting situation. Microsoft releases update KB4023057 (again), still doesn’t explain what it is for, and expects everyone to be happy. Result? Well, […]
The symbiosis of the internet and advertising has long been understood. Everyone understands that if you have access to something that is ‘free’, inasmuch as […]