A number of Norton Antivirus users have reported seeing the Your computer has a fix in progress message pop up. This can become extremely annoying in time, as the pop-up keeps popping up randomly, and will not allow you to use your antivirus software normally.
After we performed our research regarding this issue, it seems that it is an error caused by Norton Antivirus not being able to complete its update.
This happens in Windows 10 and Windows 8 as the only way to install the updates is by shutting down the PC. The error occurs after the update is initiated and it seems to get stuck showing that pop-up because of a glitch.
In today’s article, we will discuss the best methods to deal with this issue, and get full access again to your antivirus software. Read on to find out how to do it.
How can I fix Computer has a fix in progress Norton error?
1. Shut down your PC
- Click on the Start button inside your taskbar.
- Click on the Power button at the lower left side of your screen.
- Select the Shut Down option and wait for your PC to be completely turned off.
- Wait for a couple of minutes -> turn your PC on again.
- This should have given Norton a chance to install the lagging update, and the pop-up should disappear.
- If it doesn’t, please follow the next method.
2. Turn Fast Startup off
- Press Win+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type powercfg.cpl -> hit Enter.
- Inside the Power Options window -> click Choose what the power buttons do from the menu on the left of your screen.
- Scroll down until you find Shutdown settings -> un-tick the box for Turn on fast startup.
- Click on Save changes and check to see if the issue is resolved.
Note: If the options mentioned above are greyed out, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable option.
3. Reinstall Norton 360
- Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- After you’ve read the license agreement -> click Agree.
- Select the option Remove & Reinstall.
- Click Continue or Remove (varies depending on the version).
- Select the Restart Now option when prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.
- Run the Live Update after and reboot your PC again.
In today’s fix article we solved the issue regarding the Norton Antivirus pop-up message saying Your computer has a fix in progress.
We would love to know if this guide helped you solve your issue. You can let us know if it did by using the comment section found under this article.
- How to fix Norton antivirus errors on Windows 10
- Why Norton Antivirus doesn’t work in Windows 10 Insider builds
- Download Norton Safe Web Extension for Microsoft Edge