Sometimes you might encounter Your computer has a memory problem error message on your PC. This message usually comes after a system crash, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you a few methods you can use to fix this problem.
How do I know if my computer has a memory problem?
1. Use Driver Verifier
- Press the Windows Key + the R buttons together.
- Type verifier in the search box.
- Select Create custom settings then all the checkboxes.
- Choose the Select Driver from the list.
- Now, choose all the drivers except the ones by Microsoft.
- Choose the Finish option then restart your computer.
- Once the PC restarts, start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Run verifier or verifier /querysettings command in the Command Prompt.
- If there’s an issue with your drivers, this process should let you know. If a specific driver is the problem, update it or reinstall it.
2. Use MemTest86+
- Connect a USB flash drive to your PC.
- Download the MemTest86+ and run it.
- Select the USB flash drive and then click on the Create button.
- Once the process is finished, restart your PC and boot from the flash drive.
- Keep scanning your RAM for at least two hours. In order to pinpoint the faulty module, it’s advised to remove all but one module and scan it for 2 hours. Repeat this step until you find the faulty module.
- Once you find the faulty module, remove it or replace it.
3. Use BSOD Viewer
- Download the BSOD Viewer.
- After the download, run the software and locate the latest error on the list.
- Now examine the files involved in the crash as well as the name of the error name.
- With this information, you need to do research on your own to find out the root cause of the problem.
Your computer has a memory problem error message can be quite problematic, but we hope that you managed to fix this issue by using our solutions. If our solutions were helpful to you, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Solve: Your Computer is Low on Memory on Windows 10, 8.1 or 7
- How to solve memory leaks in Windows 10
- Fix: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Error in Windows 10