- Many Windows users have found this Megapersonal error code 701 while accessing their personal information on the internet.
- It made their system or device unresponsive due to a lack of memory space.
- Clearing up the disk space and repairing the corrupt registry can prove beneficial in fixing this error code.
Some scenarios will be created where users are required to obtain their personal information or their account from the Internet.
But many Windows users have reported an issue they faced while retrieving personal or account information.
They could not get any information on the Internet, which made the device unresponsive and an error code 701.
What does error code 701 mean?
This is probably caused due to insufficient memory and other memory issues that do not allow users to access personal information.
Some other reasons for this error code 701 to occur on the system are listed below.
- Virus and malware attack – A virus or malware attack on the Windows system can be the reason behind this error code 701, so make sure you use a proper antivirus.
- Corrupted registry and system files – When system files or registries are corrupt, it throws such errors as error code 701, etc., on the system.
- Lack of storage space – When the system space is filled with more unnecessary files, this creates a lack of room for storage. This can be the potential reason behind this error code.
- Improper installation of the applications – If any applications are not installed properly or many big applications are installed in a short time, this also might lead to such errors.
This article guides you on how to fix Megapersonal error code 701 with the five quick fixes below.
How do I fix Megapersonal error code 701?
1. Perform System File Checker Scan
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Right-click the Command Prompt app from the results and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Accept the UAC prompt on the screen by clicking Yes.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, type this command and press the Enter key:
- This starts scanning the entire system for any corrupted system files.
- If it finds any, it repairs them.
- After that, type the following command and press the Enter key to execute it:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- This will start restoring the system’s health.
- Once done, you can close the command prompt window.
If this error still occurs after you finish the manual procedure, you can always choose an automatic tool that can finish this process without any effort.
Restoring your system to a previous state can fix a number of system issues. A simpler way to safely restore your system is using a specialized tool that can do all the work for you.
Restoro will automatically scan your PC for problematic files and will replace all critical Windows system files that are malfunctioning with previous versions that are working perfectly.
Here’s how you can perform this action:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
The built-in system restoration tool will revert your Windows to a previous version, therefore you can lose some precious data that was saved after the restoration point was made. You can always return your system to its pre-repair condition.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Repair corrupt registry
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows and I keys together.
- Select the System option on the left panel and select Recovery from the right.
- Click Restart now button in the Advanced startup option.
- This restarts the system, and you will see the Choose an option page on a blue screen.
- Select the Troubleshoot option.
- Choose Advanced options on the Troubleshoot page.
- Now click the Startup repair option on the Advanced options page.
- This starts troubleshooting the system for any errors or problems.
- Wait till it is done, and then restart the system once.
3. Clean boot the system
- Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows and R keys together.
- Type msconfig and press the Enter key.
- This opens the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Then click Disable all button at the bottom.
- Now go to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager Startup tab, ensure all the apps are disabled and restart the system.
- After the system starts, enable one service/startup app and see if this causes the error.
- Repeat the same steps till you find the error-causing service or startup app.
4. Free up the system space using Disk Cleanup
- Press the Windows key and type disk cleanup.
- Click the Disk Cleanup app from the search results page.
- Select the Drive from the dropdown list of Drives and click OK.
- In the Disk Cleanup window, select all the checkboxes under the Files to delete.
- Finally, click OK.
- This starts deleting all the selected files which are unnecessary.
- If any files are essential, please transfer them to any external hard disk.
5. Scan the system for viruses
- To open the Windows Security app, press the Windows key and type windows security.
- Then select the Windows Security app from the search results.
- Click Virus & threat protection option on the left menu.
- Click on Scan options.
- Next, select the Full scan radio button and click the Scan now button.
- This starts scanning for any virus or other malware files in the system.
What are the most common Megapersonal errors?
Apart from the Megapersonal error 701, there are a few error codes like 702, 601, etc., which could occur on the Windows system due to the improper installation of any application or software.
There is also a possibility of these error codes because of shutting down the system incorrectly, like during a power failure.
Since this is a memory issue, you might also find it helpful to read our guide on fixing memory problems on your computer.
We hope you found this article informative and worth reading. Please leave us a comment below to let us know which fix helped you.