Computer not finding my Cricut [QUICK FIX]
If you’ve found yourself wondering Why is my computer not finding my Cricut you came to the right place. A good number of users have asked the same question.
It can be annoying if you can’t wait to start your projects, and the only thing standing in your way is the setup of your Cricut machine. Even though the process should run smoothly by just following the on-screen instructions, sometimes situations arise in which that is not possible.
For the reasons mentioned above, in this article, we will explore some of the best fixes in regards to this issue. Read on to find out more.
What to do if Cricut isn’t connecting to computer?
1. Make sure your Windows firewall isn’t blocking the machine
- Click on Cortana search box -> type Windows Firewall -> Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Inside the Windows Firewall settings -> click on Change Settings.
- Scroll through the list and tick the boxes for the Cricut software-> select both Private and Public.
- If you can’t find the Cricut software listed -> click Allow another app -> navigate to the installation folder of your Cricut software -> add the executable file -> repeat step 3 of this method.
- Click OK.
2. Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on, or connect the USB cable
- Make sure your Cricut machine is turned on, and not more than 3-4 meters away from your PC.
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Settings.
- Click the Devices option.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is toggled On -> click Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth and wait for your PC to recognize the Cricut machine.
- Select the machine -> enter the PIN 0000 -> select Connect.
In order to connect your Cricut machine through a USB cable, simply connect the cables to both of the peripherals and follow the on-screen instructions to install the required USB driver.
3. Install the USB drivers manually
If for some reason you can’t complete the USB installation of the driver as mentioned above, you will need to perform this action manually. Follow these steps to do so:
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Device Manager.
- Inside Device Manager -> find the Cricut machine in the list -> right-click it -> select Update Driver Software.
- Select Browse my computer for the driver software.
- Type %APPDATA% inside the search box -> select Browse.
- Inside the explorer window -> navigate to AppData -> Roaming -> CricutDesignSpace -> Web -> Drivers -> CricutDrivers.
- Once that folder is selected -> click Ok -> Click Next.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by using the comment section below.
- Looking for best browser for Cricut? Here are our top 3 choices
- 4 best software to use with Cricut and create amazing design templates
- How to open PES files on Windows 10 computers
Jacquard fabrics are extremely beautiful and elegant designs that can transform the vibe of the room instantly. Because of this fact, through the ages, people […]
The Xbox Twitch app allows you to stream contents live from your console to your Twitch viewers. Sometimes, after making some changes like changing the […]