Conan Exiles won’t launch [FIX]
Conan Exiles is one of the most popular games on Steam at the moment. It received tens of thousands of players in the first minutes after launch. This title puts your survival skills to the test, challenging you to stay alive and build your own empire in a very hostile world.
Launching Conan Exiles can sometimes be quite tricky due to various launch issues. Fortunately, there are a few quick workarounds that you can use to solve this problem.
Conan Exiles won’t launch
Here’s how one player describes this issue:
I goto launch the game after downloading and installing battleEye and I get this ‘performing first time setup…’ Installing: Microsoft VC Redist Package (Step 2 of 2) Then you can see that my bottom right of screen where my name is turn green to indicate I’m in game! yet I’m not! after this a few seconds later it turns blue to indicate I am not
How to fix Conan Exiles launch issues
- Verify the integrity of Conan Exiles’ files
- Update your Windows OS
- Install DirectXwebinstaller
- Manually find and replace the faulty files
1. Verify the integrity of Conan Exiles’ files
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game > select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab > click the Verify integrity of game files… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
2. Update your Windows OS
Conan Exiles players confirm they solved the launch issues by installing the latest updates on their computers. To check for updates, go to to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > select Check for updates.
3. Install DirectXwebinstaller
The Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime is an essential tool for gamers, providing updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX. You can download DirectXwebinstaller from Microsoft’s website.
4. Manually find and replace the faulty files
- Go to C:/Program files (X86)/Steam/steamApps/common/Conan Exile/ConanSandbox/Binaries/Win64
- Start ConanSanbox.exe as admin > you’ll see which files are corrupted or bad
- Find the good version of those files on the Internet and download them
- Use them to replace the ones in Windows/system32. Replace one, and then start ConanSanbox.exe again to see if there is another one.
We hope these four workarounds helped you to launch Conan Exiles. As usual, if you’ve come across other solutions to fix the annoying Conan Exiles launch issues, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on March 1, 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Conan Exiles stuttering and freezes on AMD CPUs
- Conan Exiles: How to build circles and spiral stairs
- List of Conan Exiles admin console commands
The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab […]
We continue our Patch Tuesday series. Two more updates for you in this article – KB4467697 and KB4467703, which both are an attempt to fix an issue […]
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]