- Slack is a great tool for collaboration, but it’s even better if you use it with one of many supported third-party apps.
- If you want to connect Twitter with Slack, you can do so from the Twitter app page in Slack or by using automation services such as Zapier, IFTTT, and Automate.io.
- Slack is one of the best tools for productivity and if you’re interested in similar tools, be sure to check our productivity software hub.
- For more in-depth Slack tips, tricks, and guides, check out our Slack guides section.
Slack and Twitter are two programs and services that can work wonders, especially in work environments.
Slack is a great instant-messaging app that allows communities, groups, or teams to join a workspace and stay in touch with each other. Twitter is a social media platform where everyone can share messages via Tweets.
Given how similar and useful these two services are, it was only a matter of time before someone would have thought that it is a good idea to link them.
How can I link my Twitter and Slack accounts?
The main idea of linking the two accounts is via the use of add-ins. The Twitter app brings tweets to Slack, and you can automatically update a channel when tweets are sent from your company Twitter account.
You can also easily track every mention of your Twitter @username, and the best part is that your tweets and mentions are easily searchable in Slack.
How to set up the Twitter app in Slack
- Go to the Twitter app page in Slack‘s App Directory
- Select Add to Slack.
- Choose Add Twitter Integration.
- Click Authorize app to authenticate with Twitter
- Enter the Twitter @username you’d like to track in Slack
- Select what and who’s tweets you want to see
- Decide where you’d like the tweets to appear
- You can select an existing channel or create a new one just for this
- Click Save Settings
Of course, there are plenty of other apps that allow the integration of Twitter into Slack, or vice verse. However, most of these, work with the browser version of these services, and they are usually not free either.
A few notable services that let you link your Twitter to Slack are the following:
By using the app or the above-mentioned online services, you should be able to use all of the features that Twitter has to offer within the Slacck interface.
This allows better communication within the workplace, and it can be a lot of fun too.
Do you think linking Twitter and Slack is a good idea? Let us know in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apps in Slack are third-party services that you can use seamlessly in your Slack workspace.
To integrate Slack with an app, you just need to find the desired app in the Slack App directory. Select the desired app and click Add > Add to Slack. Now follow the instructions on the screen.
Yes, Slack is available as a web app, and it can work in any web browser. It also has dedicated apps for all major desktop and mobile platforms.
Slack is a collaboration platform, and you can use it to communicate with and organize your team members.