One of the great things about the Slack instant-messaging platform is that you can integrate a wide variety of web-based apps with it. Slack has an expansive app directory, which includes an Asana app.
That is a Slack app for the web-based Asana project management application. Therefore, that app enables you to integrate Asana project management with the Slack instant-messaging platform.
How can I integrate and utilize Slack with Asana?
1. Add the Asana app to Slack
- First, you’ll need to add the Asana app to Slack. To do so, download the Asana app from the Slack app directory.
- Then press the Continue button.
- Select the Slack channels for Asana to post to. To include direct messages, click Search for channels.
- Thereafter, you and any other team members will need to sign in to Asana from Slack.
- Click Asana within the Apps section of Slack’s left sidebar.
- Then enter this command in the message box: /asana.
- Click Connect Asana to Slack to grant app permissions.
- Then click the Allow button to enable the app to access the Asana account.
2. Set up a new Asana task in Slack
- You can set up Asana tasks within Slack. To do so, enter this command into Slack: /asana create.
- The dialog box window directly below will open when you press Return.
- Fill in the text boxes on that window.
- Press the Create button.
3. Turn a Slack message into a task
- Alternatively, you can set up a task from a Slack message. Hover the cursor over the message to set up a task from.
- Then click the More actions button shown directly below for that message.
- The More actions menu will include new Asana options. Select the Asana Create a task option.
4. Set up Asana notifications
- You can set up Asana notifications for Slack channels. First, select the channel on the left to set up a notification in.
- Next, enter this command in Slack: /asana link.
- Press the Return key.
- Thereafter, you can select a project to link with the channel.
5. Take action on Asana task notifications
When you see a task notification in a channel, you can select actions for it. Click the More actions drop-down menu on the right of a task notification. Then you can select Mark complete, Change due date, Add to project, and other options for it.
So, the Asana for Slack app effectively combines Slack’s instant-messaging platform with Asana’s project management. The app enables users to act on Slack messages with Asana’s project management options. Thus, it’s a great extension for Asana users.
If you have any more questions and suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Asana Outlook add-in not working
- How to fix Asana not working in Chrome
- How to create, edit and delete reminders in Slack