Connectify Hotspot: How to download and install on Windows 10
Even though most homes and workplaces nowadays use routers to spread the Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices, there’s always a place for an extra Hotspot. Maybe you’re limited to a single LAN cable, or you want to limit network administrator by creating your own network inside the network ( is networkception a legitimate term?).
Either way, in the abundance of hotspot solutions for PCs (including built-in hotspot for Windows 10), we concluded that Connectify Hotspot is the sharpest tool in the shed.
So, if this got your attention and you’re willing to learn what is Connectify Hotspot and how it works, make sure to check the in-depth explanation we provided below.
How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a Wi-Fi spot with Connectify
What’s Connectify Hotspot exactly?
Connectify Hotspot is, as you can conclude on your own, an application used mainly for creating a Hotspot. It uses LAN or Wireless connection you already established on your PC and spreads it, enabling other devices to connect as well. It’s basically a virtual router which offers standard WPA2-PSK encryption. These are the most prominent features you can expect from Connectify Hotspot 2018:
- Ease of use. The user interface is as simple as they come.
- WPA2-PSK encryption.
- Sharing LAN or Wireless connection.
- Monitoring network usage for every connected device individually.
- Multi-language, emoji, and Unicode support for SSID name.
- Ad-blocker for all the devices connected to a hotspot.
There’s more, but the extra features are reserved for PRO and MAX versions of the app. In addition, we must inform you that this tool doesn’t support Windows XP or Vista. So if you’re still stuck in the nostalgia train, you won’t be able to use it.
How to download and install Connectify Hotspot on Windows 10
Downloading and installing Connectify doesn’t differ from any standard program. However, in order to avoid possible issues with the system resources, we advise you to run it as administrator and make sure that your network drivers (both WLAN and LAN) are up to date. Also, make sure that your wireless antenna is connected if you lack a built-in Wi-Fi radio. Follow the steps we provided below to prepare your system configuration for Connectify Hotspot:
- Right-click Start and open Device Manager.
- Navigate to Network adapters.
- Make sure all drivers are up to date and the device is functioning.
Now, once you’re certain that everything is spot on with the drivers, let’s show you how to download and install Connectify Hotspot 2018.
- Navigate to this link and the automatic download should start immediately.
- Double-click the setup file to run the installer.
- Accept the License Terms and wait a minute or so for the installer to finish the installation process.
- Reboot your PC.
- Follow the Tutorial that should help you configure your Hotspot.
Or just continue reading and we’ll make sure to show you how to do it.
How to use Connectify to create Wi-Fi hotspot
As we already stated, we can argue about the value of Connectify, but the simplicity is more than obvious on the first sight. Some related applications ask you to create bridge connections and meddle with system settings. Not Connectify Hotspot, though. All drivers and accompanying permissions are added within the installation process itself. You should heave easiest of times in creating and configuring a hotspot.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Connectify Hotspot 2018.
- Under the ”Internet to Share” drop-down menu, select your active network. Whether Wi-Fi or LAN.
- In the ”Hotspot name”, add whatever suffix you like to ”Connectify -”.
- Create the WPA2-PSK password (8-63 characters).
- Choose whether you want to use Ad-blocker or not by checking the box.
- Start the Hotspot.
In addition, you can open Settings and configure additional tweaks, like disabling/enabling system startup. Every time you’re not certain about something, you can open Help section which should provide you with just enough information to get out of a slump.
Premium versions VS Free version
Besides the standard Lite version of the program, the developer offers two more premium versions with slight differences. There’s a PRO version which includes these extra features:
- Share Internet from 3G & 4G Networks
- Custom Hotspot Naming
- Firewall Controls for Connected Devices
- Wired Router Mode
The same goes for the slightly enhanced MAX version that adds:
- WiFi Repeater Mode
- Bridging Mode
- Custom DHCP and IP Controls
In our opinion, even the Lite version is good enough for the majority of users. However, if you like the extra features for your Hotspot app, there’s a 70% discount at the moment. You can acquire PRO and MAX versions for $10 or $15, respectively.
- READ ALSO: The best 2018 software for Windows PCs
Let’s wrap it up by saying that the Lite version should give you enough insight on this feature-rich and reliable tool, so don’t trust our words. Give it a go and see for yourself. Finally, make sure to share your experience with us and our readers. You can do so easily in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- How to hide your IP address when using WiFi
- Fix: Windows 10 WiFi not connecting automatically
- 5 best Wi-Fi hotspot software for Windows 10
- 6 easy steps to fix slow WiFi on the laptop
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]