Fix corrupt FIT files using these two methods
There is no doubt that data corruption of any kind of file can be a hardship, especially if files are of great importance. Which FIT files certainly are for sports enthusiasts who fancy tracking their running or cycling routes with the faithful Garmin navigation.
Once they get corrupted (usually due to GPS readings), users can’t use them with Garmin Connect or similar services for tracking the routes which provide map display. Luckily, this is far from being un-repairable and we offer you two commonly-used ways to fix corrupt FIT file on your PC.
How to fix corrupt Garmin FIT file
Solution 1 – Use Garmin Online Fit Repair Tool
In case you’re trying to access the file with the FIT extension to no avail, don’t worry. There are a few tools which might come in handy when it comes to repairing corrupted FIT files.
One of those is a free online utility which allows you to upload a corrupted FIT file so you can download the uncorrupted version afterward.
It’s called Garmin Online Fit Repair Tool and here’s how to use it:
- Navigate to the Garmin Online Fit Repair Tool website.
- Upload your FIT file and let the auto-fix tool work its magic.
- Additionally, you can choose to convert it to the CSV format.
- READ ALSO: Top 8 Windows 8, 10 Health and Fitness Apps
Solution 2 – Try with the Fit File Repair Tool
For users who are dealing with numerous FIT files on a daily basis, a premium tool is probably the best solution. Fit File Repair Tool is a utility which allows you to access and restore corrupted FIT files with small or no effort. However, it’s a paid solution so, after a free trial period ends, you’ll need to purchase the license.
Here’s where to find Fit File Repair Tool and how to use it:
- Download Fit File Repair Tool, here. You might need Microsoft Access installed in order to run it.
- Extract the tool and run it.
- Click on the “Import and repair” button and add your corrupted FIT file (or batch of files).
- Run the tool and the FIT file should be fixed and accessible again.
There are some other options, like FIT SDK which allows you to deconstruct and convert FIT files to the CSV format. That way, you can edit them or restore their integrity. On the other hand, the two aforementioned tools should be enough for an inexperienced user.
With that said, we can conclude this article. In case you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Best Windows 10 GPS apps and software to download
- Solved: ‘Your Location has Recently Been Accessed’ Alert in Windows 10, 8, 8.1
- Fitbit Ionic is the ultimate health and fitness smartwatch
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]