- If Corsair keyboard lights are not working, the most common causes include outdated drivers and keyboard firmware.
- You might be able to fix the issue that bothers you simply by resetting the keyboard settings.
- A specialized driver updater software could help you solve the annoying keyboard lights problem.
- If the Corsair keyboard is not working in Windows 10, get rid of it by restoring your system.
One of the greatest things about some Corsair keyboards is their lighting effects. Yet, users have posted on Corsair’s forum about keyboard lighting issues.
For some users, Corsair keyboard lighting can completely stop working. However, you might be able to fix a Corsair keyboard’s lights with these resolutions.
How can I fix Corsair keyboard lighting that doesn’t work?
1. Update your Corsair keyboard’s driver
First, check if you need to update your Corsair keyboard’s driver. The easiest way to do that is to run a driver updater software scan.
A driver updater utility will show if your Corsair keyboard’s driver is outdated. Up next, you can install the latest driver for your keyboard with the driver updater software.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Reset the Corsair keyboard
- Unplug the Corsair keyboard from your PC.
- Press and hold down the ESC key.
- While holding the ESC key, plug your Corsair keyboard back into the PC.
- Release the ESC key about five seconds after reconnecting the keyboard. You should then see the keyboard flash after the reset.
- Users with wireless Corsair keyboards will need to turn them off.
- Then hold down the ESC key whilst the keyboard is off.
- Turn the keyboard back while pressing and holding the ESC key.
- Let go of the ESC key five seconds after you turned the keyboard back on. The keyboard should flash when it’s reset.
3. Update your Corsair keyboard’s firmware
- Open the iCUE download page in a browser.
- Click to download the latest iCUE software there.
- Then, install iCUE with the setup wizard for it you download.
- Open the iCUE software window.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the Corsair keyboard you need to fix lighting for.
- Press the Update button to install firmware for your keyboard.
- Select the Force update radio button to get the latest firmware version for your keyboard.
4. Disable SDK
- Download and install iCUE as outlined within the first three steps of the third resolution.
- Launch the iCUE software.
- Select iCUE’s Settings tab.
- Then, select General on the iCUE Settings panel.
- Uncheck the Enable SDK checkbox.
5. Restore Windows 10 to an earlier date
- Press the Windows key + R shortcut for opening Run.
- Type this System Restore command in Run’s text box and press Enter:
- Select the Choose a different restore point option if you can do so, and click the Next button.
- To get a full overview of available restore points, click the Show more restore points checkbox.
- Choose a restore point that will roll Windows 10 back to a time when your Corsair keyboard lights worked OK. If you’re not sure, just select the restore point that goes the furthest back.
- Click the Next button to continue to the confirmation step.
- Then, you’ll need to click Finish to confirm the restore point and roll back Windows 10.
You’ll probably need to reinstall some software after rolling back Windows because programs installed after chosen restore points get deleted.
To see a list of programs a restore point removes, click System Restore Scan for affected programs button.
6. Uninstall recent Windows updates
- Open Settings (press the Windows key + I hotkey).
- Click Update & Security to open all update options.
- Then, click the View update history and select Uninstall an update.
- Select the most recent update there, and click Uninstall to remove it.
This resolution is more specifically for fixing Corsair keyboard lighting that stops working after recent Windows updates.
If a keyboard’s lighting stops working after a build update, you would need to select a rollback option within the Windows Update Settings tab to reinstall the previous build version.
The above fixes are among the more probable resolutions for forgetting all about lighting issues. And since you don’t regret your choice, check out these great Corsair keyboards too.
If those resolutions aren’t enough, you can still contact Corsair support. Click the Submit A Ticket Below button on the Corsair website for further troubleshooting guidance.
Let us know which of the above fixes worked for you as well. Do not hesitate to use the comments area below in that regard.