- If your Corsair Void mic is not working with Discord, you won't be able to communicate with your friends while gaming.
- Try updating your audio device driver using a reliable updater utility to resolve this issue.
- Incorrect audio configuration and Discord voice settings can also cause this problem.
- In case your Corsair Void Elite mic is quiet, try updating your firmware to the latest version or reinstall the Corsair software.
Reddit and other gaming forums are abuzz with the Void Pro mic not working with Discord issue. The problem seems to be occurring due to the Corsair iCUE software.
When trying to communicate on a Discord server, the headset mic does not work in Discord – as users worldwide confirm.
Some of the possible causes for why your Voice Pro mic may not work in Discord include outdated device drivers, incorrect input source setting, and incorrect audio configuration.
What to do if the Corsair Void mic is not working with Discord?
1. Update audio driver
Outdated or missing audio device drivers can cause your device to malfunction or stop working completely. To resolve the issue, try updating your audio driver.
You can download and install connected device drivers update from the Device Manager. However, if you have to update a few devices, finding and installing updates can be cumbersome. Driver updater utilities can help you find and install pending updates instantly.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Reset Discord voice settings
- Launch Discord on your desktop.
- Click on Settings (Gear icon) in the bottom-left of the app dashboard.
- Open the Voice and Video tab from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset Voice Setting button.
- Click the OK button to confirm the action. Discord will restart now.
After making these changes, check if Corsair Void mic is still not working with Discord.
3. Verify your default audio settings
- In the taskbar, right-click on the Speaker icon.
- Choose Sounds from the option.
- In the Sound window, open the Recording tab.
- Select Headset Microsoft Corsair Void Wireless Gaming Dongle from the list.
- Click the Set Default button.
- Next, click the Properties button in the Recording tab.
- In the Properties window, open the Levels tab.
- Drag the volume slider for Microphone to the maximum.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Open Discord and check if the Void Pro mic not working with Discord issue is resolved. While it usually detects the microphone and sets it as default, at times, the configuration may not work properly.
Ensure you have the right input device as the default device can fix audio related issues with your head.
4. Run the audio troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Open the Troubleshoot tab from the left pane.
- Scroll down and check if any troubleshooting option is available. If not, click the Additional troubleshooter link.
- In the Additional troubleshooter window, scroll down and click on Recording Audio.
- Click the Run the Troubleshooter button. Windows will scan for available devices and show a list.
- Choose your Microphone from the list and click Next.
- Windows will scan and detect problems that are preventing the device from working correctly. The scan may take some time, so wait till it is complete.
- Follow on-screen instructions and apply recommended changes.
Close the troubleshooter and launch Discord. Check if you can use the Corsair Void Pro headset mic to communicate.
The Windows troubleshooter can find and fix many common issues that may prevent your audio device from working. If the troubleshooter did not help, repair the Corsair iCUE software or look for hardware failure.
5. Update device firmware with Corsair iCUE
- To update your headset firmware, open the app and then click on Settings.
- Choose the affected device from the list and click the Update button.
- Next, choose how you want to update the firmware. Selecting Force Update will force you to install the latest firmware version to your device.
- Make sure to keep the device connected when the update is in progress. Once the update is finished, open Discord and check if the Void Pro mic not working with Discord issue is resolved.
Corsair releases firmware updates for its devices to fix known bugs and glitches. Try to repair or reinstall the iCUE tool if updating the firmware is not helpful.
6. Repair Corsair iCUE
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Human Interface Devices section.
- Right-click on Corsair composite virtual input device and choose Uninstall.
- Check the Delete the driver software for this device box and click Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, re-run the iCUE installer file. You can download it from the iCUE download page.
- In the iCUE setup page, select the Repair option.
- Click Next. The repair tool will scan the setup for existing issues and apply fixes.
Once the repair is complete, close the troubleshooter and restart your PC. After the restart, check if the Void Pro mic is working with Discord. If not, perform a clean install of iCUE to fix the problem.
7. Clean install iCUE software
- Open the Settings app. You can do that with Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Select iCUE software and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove the software.
- Once the software is removed, download the latest version.
If you want to ensure that iCUE software is completely gone from your PC, we suggest using dedicated uninstaller software such as IObit Uninstaller.
8. Check for hardware issues
Clean installing iCUE in most cases should resolve the problem with your Void Pro mic in Discord. However, if that did not help, check your headset for hardware issues.
To do this, connect the headset to any other computer and run an audio test. You may also want to confirm if there is an issue with the audio port of your device.
The Void Pro mic not working with Discord issue can occur due to several reasons, including outdated drivers, incorrect audio settings, corrupt Discord voice configuration and more.
Previously, we have covered the Discord mic not working in Windows 10 issue in detail too. In this article, we have listed a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this issue on your PC, so take a look as well.
These troubleshooting steps in the article should help you resolve the problem quickly. Did you manage to achieve your goal? Let us know in the comments below.