For users who are not quite sure about some of Windows 10’s features and settings, thankfully the web is filled with lots of helpful guides.
Despite this, Microsoft decided that it’s time to launch a new app that the company has been working on that’s called Cortana Show Me and it’s created for the very same purpose – helping users and guiding them through Windows 10 settings.
Microsoft rolled out Cortana Show Me in the latest Redstone 4 build (17128)
The company just rolled out a new Redstone 4 build (17128) to Fast Ring Insiders, and the Windows Insider team took advantage of this opportunity to reveal a brand new Cortana-powered app that helps you navigate Windows 10 Settings. The application is only available in English (both US and UK) and German for the moment, but Microsoft will probably broaden the language options palette. According to the Windows Insider team, in the preview app, Cortana is set to show you the exact steps pf changing settings.
The first version of the app includes 15 guides
The first version of Cortana Show Me comes with 15 guides that allow users to change various types of settings or to check basics such as your current version of the operating system. More than likely, Microsoft will include even more guides shortly, but until then, here are the ones that are already included in this app:
- Update Windows
- Check if an app is installed
- Uninstall an app
- Change your desktop background
- Use Airplane Mode
- Change your display brightness
- Add nearby printers or scanners
- Change your default programs
- Change your screen resolution
- Turn off Windows Defender Security Center
- Run a security scan
- Change Wi-Fi settings
- Change your power settings
- Discover Bluetooth devices
- Check your version of Windows
The Windows Insider team also stated that the company knows very well that this is not precisely insider material, and the experience is not specifically designed for them, but all friends and families that they have and need a pointer will definitely enjoy the app. The app will respond to voice commands, and you can also launch the guides from the homepage. Cortana Show Me is currently rolling out all over the world, so don’t worry if you can’t download it yet because it will surely be available at a later time.
You can download Cortana Show Me app and give it a try.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Preview build 17127 brings Cortana’s Notebook section access
- Cortana and Alexa integration will reach users shortly
- Windows 10 Settings gets startup management options and an improved Cortana