- Cricut machines are quite useful when you want to create digital designs and want to bring them to life.
- Since you need to connect them to your PC, sometimes you may experience connection issues.
- In such cases, a reboot almost always works but if not, we have other workarounds you can try.
The Cricut machine is great when it comes to bringing your digital designs to life. However, in some instances, you may come across some common problems when dealing with the machine.
Sometimes your PC can’t find the Cricut machine and other times there is a communication error between your PC and the machine. It is a problem that occurs when the connection between your computer and the cutting machine breaks down.
When you encounter this error you will not be able to send any design files from your computer to your Cricut cutting machine or receive any updates from the internet. Before you try anything, ensure that your Cricut machine is plugged into power and turned on.
Why is my Cricut machine not connecting?
If you are experiencing Cricut connection issues, it could be due to a variety of reasons.
Below are some of the reasons:
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Loose connection – You may be experiencing the Cricut maker 3 machine communication error because of loosely connected cables. If you are using a cable connection, make sure that the USB cable is securely plugged on both ends.
- Outdated firmware – If you’re using a Windows computer, make sure that you have the latest version of Cricut Design Space installed on your computer and that it is fully updated.
- Poor internet connection – If your internet connection is not working, then it’s going to be impossible for your Cricut to connect. Make sure that you have internet access on your computer and that it’s not blocked by any firewalls or antivirus software.
- Incompatible devices – In other instances, your device may not meet the minimum system requirements. Check on Cricut’s website to ensure your current device is whitelisted before you proceed.
If you have verified that you meet all the requirements, proceed to attempt our troubleshooting solutions.
How do I fix the communication error on Cricut machine?
1. Restart your PC
If you’re having trouble connecting to your Cricut Maker, try restarting your computer. Restarting your PC will clear out any temporary files or programs that are causing the problem.
Your Cricut machine may have trouble connecting to your PC because of open programs but once you restart, the connection will be seamless again and you can go back to cutting magnificent patterns.
2. Clear browsing history, cache, and cookies
- Open your browser (in this case Chrome) and tap the three horizontal ellipses on the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy and security on the left pane and select Clear browsing data on the right.
- Check Browsing history, Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files then hit Clear data.
3. Try a different browser
If you’re having trouble connecting to your Cricut, and you’ve tried everything else on this list, try using a different browser.
We noticed that Opera One is one of the most responsive browsers. It is light when compared to other similar tools and has a very low error rate.
So if you want to connect to the Circuit machine with a different browser, we highly suggest this one. It has a modern interface paired with useful built-ins, like VPN, Ad Blocker, AI and also a modular AI-ready design for the integration of other AI technologies.
Opera OneAvoid Circuit machine problems by using this high-performing and stable browser.
We hope you have been able to resolve the Cricut machine communication error and that you are back to making more excellent designs.
If none of the above solutions work and the machine communication error on your Cricut explore air 2 is still present, you can try unpairing and pairing your Bluetooth device.
Should you face any other issues such as Cricut not cutting properly, we have a dedicated guide on how to solve the problem.
Feel free to let us know of any other Cricut-related issues you have faced in the comments section below.