Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Crunchyroll experienced a server error on Xbox One is a common error.
- You can fix the error by force closing the Crunchyroll app, as described in the article below.
- Explore our extensive Troubleshooting section for more fix articles.
- Consider bookmarking our extensive Web & Cloud Hub for more useful guides.
Crunchyroll is a popular American anime, manga, and dorama streaming platform available on Xbox One and other platforms.
However, several Xbox users have reported the Crunchyroll serverwhen trying to open the app on their console.
The Crunchyroll is experiencing a serverthat seems to be triggered by a bug in the app. Users have suggested that force closing the app seems to have resolved the issue.
In this article, we explore a few known solutions to help you resolve the Crunchyroll serveron your Xbox One.
How can I fix Crunchyroll experienced a server error on Xbox One?
1. Force close and restart the app
- Make sure the Crunchyroll app is open.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Make sure the Crunchyroll app tile is highlighted.
- Press the Menu
- Scroll down and select Quit.
- Relaunch Crunchyroll and check if the server is resolved.
When the user closes the game or app on Xbox, the console pauses the game or media to be able to resume without having to restart the app again.
However, Crunchyroll seems to have an issue with the pause/resume functionality. So, force closing the app is a working workaround to resolve the.
Make sure to quit the Crunchyroll app before turning off your Xbox to avoid getting the.
2. Check for an app update
- From your Xbox home screen, open My games and apps.
- Under Games & apps, select Updates.
- Download and install any update pending for Crunchyroll.
- If no update available, press the B button go back to My games and apps.
- Select the Apps tab.
- Highlight the Crunchyroll app.
- Press the Start button and select Manage.
- Scroll down to Updates.
- Download and install any pending updates for the app.
Crunchyroll seems to have released an update to fix the Crunchyroll is experiencing a server. Download and install the update and check for any improvement.
3. Use VRV app on Xbox One
If the issue persists, you can download and install the VRV app on your Xbox One. VRV is a fan-first streaming service that offers anime, sci-fi, tech, and more. Crunchyroll develops VRV, thus allows you to link your Crunchyroll account to the app to maintain premium access.
Download and install the VRV app on your Xbox One. Link your Crunchyroll account to VRV, and you can watch your favorite manga or anime series without the server error.
4. Check for network issues
Perform a network restart
- Make sure the router and modem is powered on.
- Pull the power cable to turn off the router.
- Leave the modem idle for a minute.
- Connect the power cable and turn the router on.
- Connect your Xbox One to the network and launch the Crunchyroll app.
If the issue persists after performing a network restart, try a network reset to fix the issue.
Reset router to factory default
- Locate the reset button on the back of your router.
- Make sure the router is powered on.
- Use a paper clip or similar object to press and hold the Reset button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the router to reset and power back on fully.
This should reset the router to its default factory setting. Connect your Xbox One to the router and check if the Crunchyroll experience a serveris resolved.
Note that resetting your router will wipe out off of your customized settings, including the router username and password. You may have to configure port forwarding and proxy setting from scratch after resetting the router.
The Crunchyroll serveron Xbox One occurs due to a bug in the app. To fix the , make sure always to force quit Crunchyroll before shutting down your Xbox One.