Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Gamers around the world are hugely encountering the Death Stranding error code 51003 in recent days.
- This error occurs mostly when the server becomes full and cannot handle additional requests from the gamers.
- Recently, Epic Games gave away this title that has brought a lot of new players which is responsible for the sudden spike on the server.
Is the Death Stranding error code 51003 bugging you while trying to play this game? This article will provide you the helpful information and suggestions on this.
Recently, a lot of games have been experiencing the error 51003 while playing the action game: Death Stranding. When this error appears, it shows the following message:
Connection to Death Stranding game server is unstable.
Switching to Offline Mode…
Error Code: 51003
You also may get a similar error code and get a message like unable to login to the Death Stranding game server. But, the root of the problem is the same.
What is the error code 51003 in Death Stranding?
The error code 51003 usually occurs when there is a network problem, or the game server cannot handle the requests it receives. Right now, in almost every case, the root of the problem is from the developer’s end.
Recently, Epic Games recently gave away this game for free, which brought a lot of new players. Now, when the servers become full and can’t handle new gamers, it throws this error message.
How to fix Death Stranding error code 51003?
At the present time, there is very little thing you can do to solve this problem. However, after doing some research, we have found some tricks that may temporarily help you get rid of this error. Before trying out the actual methods, we suggest you do the following things:
- Restart your PC or console.
- Check the status of the current outage from Downdetector’s Death Stranding page.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Power cycle your router.
- If possible, use ethernet instead of WiFi.
After doing the above things, follow these methods one by one and see which one helps.
1. Change DNS
- Press Win + I to open the Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the Network & internet.
- Click on the Ethernet or WiFi, depending on the connection type you have been using.
- Click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Set it to Manual.
- Enable IPv4 or IPv6, depending on the DNS you are trying to use.
- Type the following DNS addresses as Preferred and Alternate DNS and click on Save:
- Restart your PC.
The above-mentioned addresses are for Google DNS. You can use any other quality DNS servers you want. However, we have a very helpful article on this that may help you. Learn how to find the fastest DNS server.
A good DNS can help you to connect to the game server milliseconds faster compared to the other gamers who are using typical DNS. It may reduce the chance of getting Death Stranding server error code 51003.
2. Play in the non-peak hour
If we can see the last 24 hour’s outage reports from the Downdetector, we can easily find out at which time the death stranding error code 51003 occurs most. We suggest you play at a different time and see if it helps.
It may not be the perfect solution. But a significant number of gamers are doing it to avoid this annoying error.
In addition, you can disable your Firewall to find out if it is helpful or not. Another thing we can recommend is that you try one of the gaming VPNs. It is because if your connection uses a complex and problematic routing, you may fail to connect to the Death Stranding server at most times.
But, a proper gaming VPN can give you an optimized experience. However, not all users will get benefits from it, especially who are already using a very stable connection suitable for gaming. To learn more, find out if a VPN can reduce ping in games or not.
If you are interested, check out these best Ping and Lag reducers for online gaming.
This article has featured the most effective methods to solve Death Stranding error code 51003. We will update this post with additional methods when available. If you have any opinions or suggestions, feel free to write them down in the comment box.