Going through the recently released Windows 8 tablets, you surely heard these two tablet monsters. If you are looking to get your money’s worth out of the gadgets you purchase, definitely take a closer look at this head to head between Dell Venue 11 Pro and Asus T100.
Getting a new Windows 8 tablet can be really difficult especially because we are all looking for the best one we can get within a certain budget. When it comes to tablets, there is more than one way to look at performance and seeing the specs is not always everything that matters. In the past, we have compared the Asus T100 with the Toshiba Encore.
Dell Venue 11 Pro VS Asus T100
- Price – the Dell Venue 11 Pro has a starting price of $499 and the Asus T100 is going for $399 on the Microsoft Store. The cost of the tablets is somewhat different, and the difference is in $60, at least on Amazon.
- Display – looking at the screen, there is a noticeable difference between the two and it seems like the Asus T100 has smaller size, with a 10.1″ display compared to Dell‘s 10.8″. Normally I wouldn’t get worked up about that, however, T100’s 768p is no match for the 1080p display present on the Venue 11 Pro.
- Processor – both tablets are running on Intel Atom processors, but there is a substantial difference between them. Asus decided to go with the Z3740 at 1.33 GHz and the Venue 11 Pro is equipped with the superior Z3770 that runs at 1.46 GHz. The difference is close to minimal, both CPU’s being quad core and on 22 nm lithography.
- Memory – both tablets are equipped with 2 GB of memory to run as smooth as possible and I believe that is the optimal amount needed on any tablet.
- Storage – there are multiple storage options available with both gadgets, however, comparing the basic versions, there are two main differences. The Asus T100 has a 32 GB storage unit and the Dell Venue 11 Pro has 64 GB storage, but the story doesn’t end here, because Asus‘s storage is a SSD drive. This is a judgement call, so choose between size and speed. It’s pretty unusual for a tablet not to come with the 32 built-in storage, but probably Dell wanted consumers to have another reason to buy.
- Multimedia – the choice is in both cases Intel HD Graphics to minimise the cost of the tablets, but there is a noticeable difference between a 1080p display and a 768p one so due to the superior display I believe Dell wins this one too.
- Ports – the good news is that both the tablets have USB 3.0 and mini HDMI ports so transferring data is a lot faster. The HDMI ports are extremely useful when connecting the devices to a larger screen.
- Battery – one of the most important things required on gadgets we get for the mobility, is the battery life. Both tablets have a battery life around the 10 hours mark which is enough for a full workday. Asus has the battery integrated in the T100 and once again Dell comes on top having made the battery replaceable.
- Camera – Dell’s Venue 11 Pro has two built in cameras, an 8 MP camera that takes gorgeous pictures and a 2 MP front camera for video calls. Unfortunately, Asus only equipped the T100 with a 1.2 MP front camera, so if you want to be able to take some photos with your tablet, once again, Dell is the way to go.
- Dimensions – as expected, due to the larger display, the Dell is somewhat bigger than the Asus, being 297.7 x 176.8 x 10.2 compared to the 264.6 x 170.1 x 10.4 dimensions of the T100. There is a slight difference in the weigh of the Windows 8 tablets, Asus Transformer Book T100 having 1.2 lbs and the Dell Venue 11 Pro weighing 1.57 lbs.
Going through the features and specs of both Windows 8 tablets, I have to say that the Dell Venue 11 Pro is the clear winner but it is also more expensive. Asus seems like playing from behind when it comes to the features and performance of the tablet and didn’t come on top in any category. If you are looking for a powerful and cheap Windows 8 tablet, don’t hesitate to get the new Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet.
update – thanks to our reader MicroByte for making clear some things: The $399 price is for the Asus T100 with 64GB model, the 32GB model is $349 MSRP. But I didn’t manage to found the 32 GB version. Also, the Asus T100 is $349/$399 but also comes with a keyboard out of the box, which is a big differentiators. With the Dell Venue 11 Pro, you either pay $129 (thin keyboard) or $159 (battery keyboard).
Other useful laptop comparisons
If you want to see what other laptops may be good for you and your budget, we have some great reviews. You will be able to compare specs, prices and other features, just be sure to check the right review. Here’s the list:
- Toshiba Encore vs ASUS T100: Battle of Cheap Windows 8.1 Tablets
- Toshiba Encore vs Dell Venue 8 Pro: Which one wins the fight?
- Microsoft Surface 2 vs Dell Venue 11 Pro: Who Wins?
Read Also: Dell Venue 8 Pro VS Lenovo Miix 2: Who Wins?