Making the desktop on Windows 8.1 a default permanent setting is very useful, especially if you are a new user and used to the old desktop of the Windows operating systems. Although it wasn’t quite easy to make the desktop default on Windows 8, on Windows 8.1, Microsoft implemented a feature that does this. So if you are interested in finding out how to do this have a look at our guidelines below.
This tutorial explains in a few short steps that won’t take you more than 2 minutes to accomplish how to make your desktop default on Windows 8.1 right from the boot of the PC.Normally Windows 8.1 has a different start up image then the previous ones. A lot of people were frustrated about the fact that they have to click every time when the PC starts on the Desktop app. Let’s have a look at how we can make things easier for them.
How to make the desktop a default feature on Windows 8.1
1. After booting the windows PC we need to left click on the “Desktop” app on the left of the screen in order to enter desktop mode.
2. Right click an open area on the taskbar (situated on the lower side of the screen) and select from there “Properties” by left clicking on it.
3. Left click on “Navigation” tab on the upper side of the “Taskbar and navigation properties” window.
4. Under the “Start screen” portion of the window check the box next to the “Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in”.
5. Click “OK” on the lower side of the “Taskbar and navigation properties” window.
6. Reboot the computer in order for the changes to take effect.
This is it, after the computer reboots it will automatically get you to your desktop app. If you have any thoughts or improvements on this article let us know below.