- The Deus Ex Mankind Divided display driver error can crash the during launch.
- In this article, we explore a few troubleshooting steps to fix the .
- Do check out our dedicated Troubleshooting section for more fix articles.
- You may also want to explore our dedicated Gaming hub for extensive gaming articles.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided is a popular action role-playing game with first-person shooter mechanics. At times, when launching or playing the game, you may encounter a display driver problem.
The full error reads Deus Ex Mankind Divided a problem has occurred with your display driver. As the message indicates, the issue usually occurs due to a glitch in the driver.
If you are also experiencing this error, here is how to fix the Deus Ex Mankind Divided a problem has occurred with your display driver error in Windows 10.
How do I fix the Deus Ex Mankind Divided driver problem?
1. Update drivers with DriverFix
DriverFix is a simple, fast, and secure driver updater utility for Windows computers. With the tool, you can easily update all your drivers with one click for better system performance.
- Download DriverFix and run the installer.
- Once installed, launch the utility.
- It will scan the system for outdated drivers, wait till it is finished.
- Next, scroll down and check if any update is pending for the Intel Display driver or any other processor you are using.
- Also, check for GPU updates for NVIDIA or AMD GPUs.
- Click on Update All to download and install the updates.
Once installed, reboot the computer. After the restart, launch Deus Ex Mankind Divided and check if the error is resolved.
Download all the required drivers to make your DeusEx Mankind Divided run optimally on your system.
Update driver for Device Manager
Note: Even though you can also use the Device Manager on your PC to update the drivers, it is highly recommended that you use the software mentioned above. Using DriverFix will ensure that you’re not installing a faulty or corrupted driver on your system, thus causing system crashes and other problems.
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type debmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Expand the Display Adapters
- Right-click on your display adapter and select Update Driver.
- Next, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Depending on the driver’s size, the update may take some time to install.
- Repeat the steps to update your dedicated GPU.
2. Disable DirectX 12
- Launch Deus Ex Mankind Divided.
- Go to Settings and then Advanced settings. Or go to Options > Display Options.
- Disable DX12 if available.
- Restart the game and check for any improvements.
If you are unable to launch the game or can’t find the DX12 option in advanced settings, reinstall DirectX11 to see if that helps.
DirectX12 is known to cause an issue with older NVIDIA graphic cards. However, if you are running anything newer than the 1000 series, it should not cause any issues.
If the issue persists, try increasing the virtual memory to see if that helps fix the error.
3. Increase virtual memory
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Open System.
- Click the About tab from the left pane.
- From the right pane, click the System Info link.
- Click the Advanced system settings option from the left pane.
- Open the Advanced tab in the System Properties window.
- Under the Performance section, click on Settings.
- Open the Advanced tab again.
- Click the Change button under Virtual Memory.
- Uncheck the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers’ option.
- Select the Custom Size option.
- Increase the Maximum size to 10000. The minimum size can be 8000.
- Click Set.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Select OK again to apply the changes.
Relaunch Deus Ex Mankind Divided and check if the display driver problem is resolved.
4. Update Windows 10
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Windows updates.
- Proceed to download and install all the pending updates.
After installing the updates, restart your computer and check if the game works without crashing. Windows updates do bring necessary patches to fix the widespread crashing issue caused by DirectX 12.
The Deus Ex Mankind Divided, a problem has occurred with your display driver, can be resolved by disabling DirectX 12 in the game settings. You can also try to increase the virtual memory to fix the error.