Digital clocks for visually impaired people distinguish themselves from regular clocks. The most important aspect is that these gadgets must display time big enough to read it from across the room.
But some modern digital clocks come with a ton of attractive features, such as talking functions, multiple alarms, adjustable volume and brightness, or customizable colors.
In this article, we handpicked the 5 best digital clocks that you can buy for visually impaired people from Amazon. Some are simple and affordable, while others are dedicated to tech-savvy users interested in exploring cool features.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best digital clocks for visually impaired people?
- Battery backup in case of a power outage
- Easy-to-read illuminated red lights
- High-speed USB charging port
- Extremely simple to operate
- High / Soft Alarmvolume
- The clock might seem too light for some
Alarm clocks don’t need to be expensive acquisitions, and the SHARP Digital Alarm Clock is a great example of that.
This budget-friendly alarm clock has been designed with absolute simplicity in mind and is very easy to operate. This makes it ideal for adults, children, teens, seniors, and the elderly.
Speaking of the elderly, they won’t have a problem seeing the time on this clock, since the LCD screen is quite big, and the digits are displayed in bright red lights.
- Single alarm with alarm indicator
- Night light with on/off switch
- 0.7-inch green LED display
- Full-width snooze button
- Battery backup
- Supports only the 12-hour format
The RCD20 model from RCA is a budget-friendly digital clock ideal for visually impaired people. It has a green LED display of 0.7 inches and a single alarm with an alarm indicator.
The gadget also integrates a night light with its own on/off switch. It gives out low-intensity light that illuminates dark rooms but doesn’t interrupt your sleep.
- Shows the day of the week, day cycles, and date (month, day, year)
- 3 independent alarms with adjustable volume
- 8-inch glare-free HD screen (white or yellow)
- Additional day information
- 3 auto-dimming features
- Battery backup
- Some users reported inaccuracies about day cycles and time sync
The 8-inch display digital clock from SVINZ has great functions for visually impaired people, including 3 independent alarms and 2 color display options (white and yellow).
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
It shows additional day information and has 3 auto-dimming options to lower brightness in the evening, increase it at day time, and turn it off.
- Create a digital photo frame from USB devices or SD/MS/MMC cards
- Customizable background and font colors: blue, red, white, black
- 8-inch large display with touchscreen and adjustable brightness
- Customizable day display + 8 separate alarms
- Talking function with adjustable voice volume
- The digital photo frames cannot show time
The iGuerburn Talking Day Clock is an excellent digital clock for tech-savvy visually impaired people. It has a large display of 8 inches and can be controlled via touchscreen.
Available in white and black, the clock displays the current time, day of the week, and date (month, day, year). Plus, it speaks this info out loud in a digital voice.
- Digital frame for photos, music, and videos using 32Gb USB sticks or SD cards
- USB port to charge other devices, like your smartphone
- 5 adjustment options for brightness and volume (each)
- 9-inch backlit screen with 1024×600 high-resolution
- Full day information, including day cycles
- No snooze functions
This digital clock from YISSVIC can be placed on a flat surface or mounted on a wall. It has multiple features and can turn the clock into a digital frame for photos, music, and videos.
The screen is large, ensuring that you can check the time from 10 feet and from any angle. Remote control is included.
If you’re not a big fan of extra clock features, you can get away with a simple and budget-friendly digital clock that shows the time in large numbers.
But if you want to play with multiple alarms, digital photo frames, and others, you should take your time to explore all options and see which gadget is best suited for you. You can choose the best model from RCA, FiBiSonic, SVINZ, iGuerburn, or YISSVIC.
Here’s a list of the best Braille watches that you can get today.
- Are there any e-book readers for the visually impaired?
Yes, there are. In fact, Kindle itself has a couple of models that cater to the visually impaired.
- Can the visually impaired use a PC?
Yes, they can, all thanks to gadgets and peripherals that cater to their needs.
For example, here are some of the best keyboards for the visually impaired that you can use.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.