Digital clocks for visually impaired people distinguish themselves from regular clocks. The most important aspect is that these gadgets must display time big enough to read it from across the room.
But some modern digital clocks come with a ton of attractive features, such as talking functions, multiple alarms, adjustable volume and brightness, or customizable colors.
In this article, we handpicked the 5 best digital clocks that you can buy for visually impaired people from Amazon. Some are simple and affordable, while others are dedicated to tech-savvy users interested in exploring cool features.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
The RCD20 model from RCA is a budget-friendly digital clock ideal for visually impaired people. It has a green LED display of 0.7 inches and a single alarm with an alarm indicator.
The gadget also integrates a night light with its own on/off switch. It gives out low-intensity light that illuminates dark rooms but doesn’t interrupt your sleep.
- 0.7-inch green LED display;
- Night light with on/off switch;
- Single alarm with alarm indicator;
- Full-width snooze button;
- Battery backup;
- Supports only the 12-hour format;
- Cannot change the snooze time (fixed to 9 minutes);
This good-looking digital alarm clock from FiBiSonic has a unique design for visually impaired people. It shows the time, date, temperature, and humidity in a brown and orange LED display.
The device is small, suitable for nightstands, bedside tables, and kitchen counters. But it’s sleek enough to blend with an office desk, too.
- Voice and touch-control features with acoustic sensors;
- Available in brown, black, bamboo white, bamboo and green;
- Sophisticated design without buttons on the front or side;
- Calendar, thermometer, and sound control;
- Toggle 12-hour and 24-hour clock mode;
- 3 alarm options + 1 weekend alarm;
- 3 brightness adjustment options + 2 display modes;
- Reset button to fix any inaccuracies;
- Powered by a Micro-USB charger or 4 AAA batteries;
- LED display is a bit small;
- Some users reported complicated instructions;
The 8-inch display digital clock from SVINZ has great functions for visually impaired people, including 3 independent alarms and 2 color display options (white and yellow).
It shows additional day information and has 3 auto-dimming options to lower brightness in the evening, increase it at day time, and turn it off.
- 8-inch glare-free HD screen (white or yellow);
- Additional day information;
- Shows the day of the week, day cycles, and date (month, day, year);
- 3 independent alarms with adjustable volume;
- 3 auto-dimming features;
- Battery backup;
- The battery remembers time to auto-restore it after a power outage but can’t keep the clock active during the outage;
- Some users reported inaccuracies about day cycles and time sync;
The iGuerburn Talking Day Clock is an excellent digital clock for tech-savvy visually impaired people. It has a large display of 8 inches and can be controlled via touchscreen.
Available in white and black, the clock displays the current time, day of the week, and date (month, day, year). Plus, it speaks this info out loud in a digital voice.
- 8-inch large display with touchscreen and adjustable brightness;
- Talking function with adjustable voice volume;
- 6 languages for the text and talking function;
- Customizable day display + 8 separate alarms;
- 12-hour and 24-hour time mode;
- Customizable background and font colors: blue, red, white, black;
- Create a digital photo frame from USB devices or SD/MS/MMC cards;
- Battery backup;
- The battery backup restores time settings after a power outage but cannot keep the clock running;
- The digital photo frames cannot show time;
This digital clock from YISSVIC can be placed on a flat surface or mounted on a wall. It has multiple features and can turn the clock into a digital frame for photos, music, and videos.
The screen is large, ensuring that you can check the time from 10 feet and from any angle. A remote control is included.
- 9-inch backlit screen with 1024×600 high-resolution;
- Full day information, including day cycles;
- Talking function with 8 language options;
- 12 alarm options;
- 5 adjustment options for brightness and volume (each);
- Digital frame for photos, music and videos using 32Gb USB sticks or SD cards;
- Remote control;
- Battery backup;
- USB port to charge other devices, like your smartphone;
- No snooze functions;
- The battery restores the correct time after a power outage but cannot supply power;
Conclusion on digital clocks for visually impaired people
If you’re not a big fan of extra clock features, you can get away with a simple and budget-friendly digital clock that shows the time in large numbers.
But if you want to play with multiple alarms, digital photo frames, and others, you should take your time to explore all options and see which gadget is best suited for you. You can choose the best model from RCA, FiBiSonic, SVINZ, iGuerburn, or YISSVIC.