How to Disable Animations in Windows 10
How do I disable the animations in Windows 10 on my PC or laptop?
For those of you who installed Windows 10 technical preview on your devices, you might be wondering how you can completely disable the animations feature you have. Well, you will see that it is not that big of a deal to learn how to disable the animations in Windows 10 and it will only take you a couple of minutes if you follow step by step the tutorials below.
Microsoft has introduced among many other features the window animation that you only get with the new Windows 10 and although this animation only shows when you open a new window or you close a previous one some Windows 10 users are getting pretty annoyed by it.
Disable the animations feature in Windows 10: how to do it?
1. From System Properties
- Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button in order to bring up the “Run” window.
- In the “Run” box write the following: “Sysdm.cpl” but without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- You should now have in front of the “System properties” window.
- In the “System Properties” window you will need to left click or tap on the “Advanced” tab situated in the upper side of the window.
- You will have there a “Performance” topic where you will need to left click or tap on the “Settings” button.
- You should now have in front of the the “Performance Options” window.
- Left click or tap on the “Visual effects” tab situated in the upper side of this window.
- Left click on the “Custom” option you have in this window.
- You will have there a list of animations that can appear in your Windows 10 system. From the list if you would like to disable one or more of them you will only need to left click in the box on the left of the animations name in order to uncheck it.
- Next you will need to left click or tap on the “Apply” button you have in the lower right side of this window in order to save the changes you made to the animations feature.
- Left click on the “OK” button as well in order to close this window.
- Go and check if you still have the animations present after you disabled this feature in your Windows 10 operating system.
2. From Ease of Access feature
- Left click on the “Search” feature you have in the “Start” screen of your Windows 10.
- Write in the search box the following “PC Settings“
- After the search is finished either press the “Enter” button or left click/ tap on the “PC Settings” icon.
- Situated on the left side in the PC Settings feature you will have the “Ease of access” option.
- Left click or tap on the “Ease of Access” option.
- Now that you are in the “Ease of Access” window you need to left click or tap on the “Other Options” feature.
- Now if you want to disable the animations you only need to place the switch to “Off” state under the “Play animations in Windows” feature.
3. From the Control Panel
- On your Windows 10 search Bar tap Control Panel, select and open it
- Click on ‘System and Security’
- Click on ‘System’
- Select ‘Advanced System Settings’ and click
- Click on ‘Settings’ under ‘Properties’ tab
- Uncheck the animations options you want to be disabled and click ‘Apply’
Here you go! Now you will have your computer running faster.
Following either one of the methods above will disable your animations in Windows 10 and now you also know from where you can turn them on again if you ever wish to. Please write to us below for any other questions related to this article and we will help you as soon as possible.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Windows 10 is an amazing operating system with many features and great versatility. No matter what peripherals are you trying to connect to it, even […]
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]