For those of you who installed Windows 10 technical preview on your devices you might be wondering how you can completely disable the animations feature you have. Well you will see that it is not that big of a deal to learn how to disable the animations in Windows 10 and it will only take you a couple of minutes if you follow step by step the tutorials below.
Microsoft has introduced among many other features the window animation that you only get with the new Windows 10 and although this animation only shows when you open a new window or you close a previous one some Windows 10 users are getting pretty annoyed by it.
Tutorial on how to disable the animations feature in Windows 10
First option on how you can disable the animations in Windows 10:
- Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button in order to bring up the “Run” window.
- In the “Run” box write the following: “Sysdm.cpl” but without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- You should now have in front of the the “System properties” window.
- In the “System Properties” window you will need to left click or tap on the “Advanced” tab situated in the upper side of the window.
- You will have there a “Performance” topic where you will need to left click or tap on the “Settings” button.
- You should now have in front of the the “Performance Options” window.
- Left click or tap on the “Visual effects” tab situated in the upper side of this window.
- Left click on the “Custom” option you have in this window.
- You will have there a list of animations that can appear in your Windows 10 system. From the list if you would like to disable one or more of them you will only need to left click in the box on the left of the animations name in order to uncheck it.
- Next you will need to left click or tap on the “Apply” button you have in the lower right side of this window in order to save the changes you made to the animations feature.
- Left click on the “OK” button as well in order to close this window.
- Go and check if you still have the animations present after you disabled this feature in your Windows 10 operating system.
Second option on how to disable animations in Windows 10:
- Left click on the “Search” feature you have in the “Start” screen of your Windows 10.
- Write in the search box the following “PC Settings”
- After the search is finished either press the “Enter” button or left click/ tap on the “PC Settings” icon.
- Situated on the left side in the PC Settings feature you will have the “Ease of access” option.
- Left click or tap on the “Ease of Access” option.
- Now that you are in the “Ease of Access” window you need to left click or tap on the “Other Options” feature.
- Now if you want to disable the animations you only need to place the switch to “Off” state under the “Play animations in Windows” feature.
Following either one of the methods above will disable your animations in Windows 10 and now you also know from where you can turn them on again if you ever wish to. Please write us below for any other questions related to this article and we will help you as soon as possible.