If you are using Office 2013 on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device then you are probably familiar with the “sing in” feature and with the in-built cloud support offered by the Office package. Now, if these features might be useful in some situations, in others you might find it useless and also annoying. So, because of that, during the following guidelines I will show you how to easily disable / enable Office 2013 sing in and cloud features.
Office 2013 is great especially for those who are using the Office package on a daily basis. The program comes with useful features and capabilities that can really ease your work. Furthermore, Office 2013 has an easy to use interface, so even a newbie can manage this Windows service. The “sign in” feature which is included on Office 2013 can be used for saving data or accessing saved data online, on any device that is running Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 along with Microsoft Office 2013. A cloud service is used in that matter which means that you can store your documents without using your own device and furthermore you can have your personal docs on the go.
But, if you don’t use this feature, the best will be to disable it, as it can become quite annoying. Thus, don’t hesitate and use the guidelines from below and learn how to disable Office 2013 sign in feature on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
How to Disable Office 2013 “sign in” Feature
- On your computer, notebook or laptop go to your Start Screen.
- From there press “Win + R” dedicated keyboard keys.
- The Run box will be displayed.
- There enter “regedit” in order to run Registry Editor.
- Good; on Registry go to path “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\SignIn”.
- Then, go to the right panel of Registry and right click on a blank space.
- Select “New” and pick “DWORD Value”.
- Name this new value “SignInOption”.
- Right click on the new key and set its value to 3.
- Close Registry Editor and reboot your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device.
That’s it. The Office 2013 “sign in” feature should be disabled now, so test the same. If you are still having issues in removing the cloud feature from Office 2013, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below and we will assist you as soon as possible.