Are you tired of seeing Skype ads everywhere? If you want to get rid or remove the Skype ads that are being displayed in home menu and also in the chat window follow the steps from below and learn how to use a “clean” Skype app and environment.
The latest versions of Skype are bringing annoying ads that are being displayed not only in the home menu but also on the chat windows which can be stressful for all of us. Due to same reasons I even heard users who are uninstalling Skype from their Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 devices. Anyway, if you are tired of these ads, then you should learn how to disable it as there is an easy method that can be applied on that matter. This procedure can be performed on any Windows system, so the steps from below are also compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 devices.
How to Disable Skype ads from Home Menu and Chat Window
- First, on your Windows 8 device open Control Panel.
- You can access Control Panel by pressing Win+R and by searching for “control”; click on “ok” and then run Control Panel. Also you can just search for Control Panel by using the Windows Search feature – just type the word “control” on the search box and choose Control Panel from the list that will be displayed.
- From Control Panel select Network and Internet.
- From the window that will be displayed tap on the “security” tab.
- Then, from the first box click on “restricted sites”.
- Up next, tap on the “sites” button.
- A dialog box dubbed as “restricted sites” should be now displayed.
- In the same dialog box type https://apps.skype.com/.
- Save your changes and close Control Panel.
- Now just restart Skype and enjoy the ads-free program.
Perfect; you now know how to remove Skype ads from home menu and chat window. Remember that this method can be applied on any Window system, so you can anytime try it on your own Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 device.