- A few issues can arise for players who play Rainbow Six Siege with Discord.
- This troubleshooting guide tells you how players can fix Discord’s overlay and voice chat when they don’t work for Rainbow Six.
- You can find other troubleshooting guides for Discord on our dedicated Discord page.
- Our Rainbow Six webpage includes more articles for this game, so make sure to check it out.
Some players play Rainbow Six with the Discord software. Those players play Rainbow Six with Discord’s overlay feature.
However, some users have said on forums that they can’t open the Discord overlay on Rainbow Six.
Other players have said that Discord’s voice chat doesn’t work for Rainbow Six.
Consequently, they can’t hear Discord’s voice chat from other players when playing Rainbow Six Siege. This is how you might be able to fix both Discord issues for Rainbow Six.
How can I fix the Discord overlay for Rainbow Six Siege not working?
1. Select to run Discord as an administrator
- Right-click the shortcut you usually click on to open Discord and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Run the program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click Apply to save the setting.
- Press the OK button to exit the Discord Properties window.
2. Check the Discord overlay is enabled
- Click the User Settings button in the Discord window.
- Select Overlay to open the options shown directly below.
- Toggle the Enable in-game overlay setting is on if it’s off.
3. Check the Game Activity settings
- Press the User Settings button in Discord.
- Click Game Activity to open the options in the snapshot directly below.
- Toggle the Display currently running game as a status message option on.
- Click Add it to open a drop-down menu.
- Select Rainbow Six Siege, and click the Add Game button.
4. Turn on Discord’s Developer Mode and Hardware Acceleration settings
- Click Discord’s User Settings button to open its options.
- Select the Appearance tab shown directly below.
- Turn on the Developer Mode option.
- Then toggle the Hardware Acceleration setting on.
How can I fix Discord voice chat not working for Rainbow Six Siege?
1. Select 1 Frame Vsync
- To fix Discord voice chat not working for the game, launch Rainbow Six Siege.
- Then click the settings button at the top right of Rainbow Six’s title screen.
- Select Options to open settings.
- Select the Display tab.
- Then scroll to the VSync setting shown directly below.
- Select 1 Frame for the VSync setting.
- Click the Apply button.
2. Set the Discord task priority to high
- When Discord is running, right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select the Details tab in Task Manager.
- Right-click the Discord.exe process that’s utilizing the most memory (RAM).
- Select Set priority on the context menu that opens.
- Then select the High option on the Set priority submenu.
- Select the Change priority option on the confirmation prompt window that opens.
3. Cap the frame rate for Rainbox Six
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keyboard keys at the same time.
- Open your Rainbow Six Siege game folder.
- Select to open the folder with a string code like the one shown directly below.
- Click the GameSettings configuration file to open it in Notepad.
- Scroll down to the Display section in the configuration file.
- Reduce the FPSLimit value to 75 if it’s currently higher than that.
- Click File to select the Save option.
- Then close Notepad.
- Right-click the GameSettings file and select Properties.
- Select the Read-only attributes option.
- Click the Apply button, and select the OK option to exit.
Those are some of the resolutions players have confirmed can fix Discord overlay and voice chat issues for Rainbow Six Siege.
So, those potential resolutions are worth a shot when you can’t see the Discord overlay or hear in-game voice chat when playing Rainbow Six Siege.