- Discord has its own screen sharing feature, but many users reported that Discord screen share has no audio.
- This issue is probably caused by a bug and will be most likely fixed in an update.
- To fix this issue, make sure that the Overlay feature is properly enabled.
- If the Discord screen share volume is low, be sure to check or reset your settings.
Discord offers a wide array of features, including screen sharing, but a number of users reported that Discord screen share has no audio.
This can be an issue, especially if you’re sharing multimedia, but there’s a way to fix this problem, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
How do I fix my screen share audio on Discord?
1. Update Discord
- Click on the Windows search bar and type Discord.
- Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Allow the program to make changes to your computer.
Note: Discord will automatically update itself if the program is run as administrator.
The Discord devs are constantly updating the app, so most of the time when you encounter a problem, it will get fixed in the next update.
If there’s no audio while using Discord screen share, make sure that you update Discord to the latest version.
2. Reset voice settings
- Open Discord then click on the Settings icon.
- Click on Voice & Video and then click on Reset Voice Settings.
- Click Okay on the window that pops up.
Few users reported that they fixed Discord screen share no audio issue simply by resetting their voice settings, so be sure to try it.
3. Add shared program to Discord
- Open Discord and click the Settings icon.
- Select the Game Activity tab then click Add it.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the program you want.
- Then click Add Game.
- Make sure you have Overlay toggled on.
After making these changes, check if Discord screen share still has no audio.
4. Reinstall Discord
- Open your Windows search bar and type Control Panel.
- Under View By select Category.
- Then select Uninstall a program.
- Find Discord, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Download Discord from their official site.
- Click on the setup wizard and follow the instructions.
These are some easy solutions to fix your audio problems during screen-sharing on Discord, so you and your friends can get back to watching your favorite streams or movies together.
If you have any feedback or information related to the article, feel free to leave it in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
This issue can occur if your Discord installation is damaged, so you might want to remove Discord with uninstaller software and install it again.
To share your screen with audio, there’s a wide array of great screen-sharing software that you can use.
Discord screen sharing is safe to use, but you can use anti screen capture software to prevent others from recording any sensitive information.