The goodies have arrived at E3: Bethesda revealed the official gameplay trailer for Dishonored 2.
In Dishonored 2, gamers can choose between two characters: the original game’s protagonist, Corvo Attano, or his daughter Emily Kaldwin. Both are supernatural assassins who live in a world where mysticism and industry collide. You can stalk your way through the game unseen or pursue a more visible line of play using brutal combat skills. At some point, you’ll have to use both and be an iron hand in a velvet glove as the game blends combat, stealth and ultimate mobility offering you many pathways and approaches.
Bethesda also revealed some of Emily’s special skills:
- Domino, which links together human targets, forcing them to share the same fate. She can set traps, and use Domino to take out multiple foes in one blow.
- Shadow Walk, which lets Emily sneak toward and incapacitate a target.
- Mesmerize, which enthralls several humans and/or hounds, allowing Emily to easily bypass or eliminate foes.
How the story unfolds depends on your actions and how you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies. The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.
The game’s action now takes places in Karnaca, Corvo’s birthplace, in a Victorian-inspired world. The game’s imagery carry a real-sense of place, depicting a virtual world based on the local economy and people, where even the food and songs seem real. The team used a technology called the Void Engine to create multi-layered game scenarios and successfully transition between fast-combat scenes and stealth strategies.
According to Bethesda, Dishonored 2 is a game that goes way beyond its predecessor launched four years ago. The original Dishonored won more than 100 game awards, meaning Dishonored 2 will have to offer more impressive gameplay and graphics to overcome its predecessor.
Dishonored 2 will be released on the Xbox One and PCs on November 11.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Halo Wars 2 to be playable during E3 2016
- Microsoft could launch its first Xbox TV at E3 next month
- New Xbox One Controller to be announced at E3 2016?
- Fallout 4 Mods will first be released for Xbox One