How to display the current time in the title bar of any app
It would be handy to have a clock included on the title bars of app windows for those who often need to keep an eye on the time. Ok, so Windows already has a system tray clock. However, not everybody keeps the taskbar’s clock at the bottom of the desktop all the time. If you usually keep the taskbar off the Windows 10 desktop with the Automatically hide the taskbar option, add a new clock to your apps’ windows with Titlebar Date-Time.
Display current time in the app title bar
Add the Date and Time to app Title Bars With Titlebar Date-Time
Titlebar Date-Time is a freeware program that adds a clock to the top of the active (selected) window. The software includes numerous customization options to adjust the date and time format, font, background color and title bar position of the clock with. This is how you can display the current time in app title bars with Titlebar Date-Time.
- You can add this software to Windows by clicking Download TBDTSetup.exe on the program’s web page.
- Open the TBDT setup wizard to install Titlebar Date-Time.
- When you’ve installed Titlebar Date-Time, open the software’s window shown in the snapshot below.
- Click the Settings button to open the software’s customization options as below.
- If the Show Date-Time on Titlebar option is not already selected by default, click that setting’s check box.
- If you only need a clock without a date included, select Hide Weekday, Hide Month (and Date) and Hide Year from the top three drop-down menus.
- Select a 12 or 24-hour time option from the fourth drop-down menu.
- If you selected 12 Hour Time, select an a.m. or p.m. option from the fifth drop-down menu.
- Click the Text Color drop-down to customize the font.
- Click the Background color drop-down menu to choose an alternative background color for the clock.
- Click OK at the bottom of the Settings window.
- Open the Weather app by entering ‘weather’ in Cortana’s search box. Select to open Weather, which will now include a new clock on its title bar as in the snapshot directly below.
- Return to Titlebar Date-Time’s Settings window, and select the Full Weekday, Full Month and Four Digit Year options from the drop-down menus.
- The Weather app’s clock will include a date when you press the OK button on the Settings window.
- You can also add custom text to the clock by pressing the Advanced button and clicking the Characters tab.
- Enter ‘the date and time is’ in the weekday’s Before text box, and press the OK button. The Weather app’s clock will then include the custom text as shown below.
- To adjust the clock’s title bar position, click the Display tab shown below. Enter negative or positive numbers in the Move Left/Right text boxes to move the clock left or right on the windows.
- Press the OK buttons on both the software’s windows to apply the new clock position settings.
Display Current Time on app Title Bars With CapTime
Titlebar Date-Time has a good variety of customization options for title bar clocks. However, CapTime is an alternative freeware program that also adds the time and date to software windows. You can add clocks with various time formats to the title bar and edit window titles with CapTime. The software is widely compatible with Windows platforms, and you can download it from Kobi.
Who needs the system tray clock? Now you can add an alternative clock to app windows with either Titlebar Date-Time or CapTime. You can also add new clocks and calendars to the Windows 10 desktop with the gadget packs mentioned in this software guide.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to check your system uptime on Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to fix Windows 10 clock if it’s wrong
- How to Enable the New Tray Clock UI on Windows 10
ZIPX files are similar to standard archive formats, and today we’ll show you how to easily open .ZIPX files on your Windows 10 PC. How […]
If you tried launching Twitch with Minecraft this past month, you might have encountered this error Twitch could not verify Minecraft version. Even though the […]
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]