All your documents are read-only? Here 2 fixes that really work
A read-only document can’t be edited, but what if all your documents are set to read-only? This can be a problem that we’re going to tackle in today’s article.
This is how one user described the issue on Superuser forums:
Restarting my computer one day, most of my files in my folders were switched to read-only. I’ve changed the permissions to allow everyone full control, as well as going through each user.
While read-only files can be useful, sometimes your documents can become read-only and this can be an issue. In this article, we’ll try to show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
What to do if your all documents become read-only?
1. Change the file properties
- First, go to your Documents and find the file that you want to change.
- Right-click the file and pick the Properties option from the menu.
- Now, go to the Attributes tab below the Properties tab and disable the Read-only option.
- Click on the Apply option.
- Then, click OK.
- Now, try to edit the file and check if the problem is still there.
2. Change permissions
- Locate the folder that holds the read-only files and right-click it.
- Select Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab and then click on the Advanced button.
- Click on Change permissions.
- Highlight your user name and then click on Edit.
- Under Applies to, select This folder, subfolders, and files.
- Under Basic Permissions, Select Full Control.
- Press OK.
There you go, two quick and easy solutions that should help you deal with read-only documents. Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- What to if you’re unable to save Word document
- Can’t edit a Word doc? Here are 6 quick fix solutions to help you
- Fix: ‘Access denied’ when editing hosts file in Windows 10
In order to design every aspect of a great looking bag or backpack, you will need to be able to design shapes (2D panels). These […]
There’s no denying that Power BI offers a lot of features. Still, many users need even more functions. For example, people want to disable all […]