It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account error is quite self-explanatory. You seemingly don’t have an Xbox device registered while trying to install a game purchased from Microsoft Store. That would be quite fine if some affected don’t own an Xbox with registered to the same Microsoft Account. That’s where the problem arises.
One user stated his concerns on the Microsoft support forum.
After buying a game through Microsoft.com it asks me where I want to install. But it says no applicable devices. After a few seconds the xbox started to download the game on its own so at least they’re talking to each other. However in my devices overview my xbox shows just fine. What’s going on?
Fix this problem with the steps provided below.
Why does Microsoft Store says I don’t have applicable devices?
1. Check your Microsoft account
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, go to the Accounts menu.
- Now, select Email & app accounts located at the left side of the Accounts window.
- Check your email accounts to see if you are logged in to the appropriate email account.
2. Check your device limit
- On your web browser, sign in to account.microsoft.com/devices, and then select Manage device limits.
- If you have more than 10 devices on the list, remove one so as to add the new device.
- Now, check to see if the app/game is compatible with the device. For instance, Xbox-only game won’t install on your PC.
3. Reset Microsoft store
- Open the Settings app. Alternatively, press Windows Key + I.
- After doing that, go to the Apps menu.
- Select Microsoft Store from the list and click on Advanced options.
- Click the Reset button. Now click the Reset button in the confirmation dialog to proceed.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- Restart your computer.
5. Delete Microsoft Store Database Files
- Locate C >Windows > SoftwareDistribution > DataStore > DataStore.edb and delete DataStore.edb.
- After deleting the .edb file, restart your PC.
- Launch the Microsoft Store
6. Re-register the Store App
- Open the Run program: press Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Run the following in a Command Window (CMD) to re-register the Store App:
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- You’ll soon be able to buy Microsoft Store games from Steam
- Download MobileShell for Windows 10 on ARM from Microsoft Store
- New Surface Book 2 and Surface Pro 6 devices hit the stores in June