- Don't Starve Together is an awesome survival game that you can play with friends to try and outsmart your environment. It can become quite challenging as you progress.
- If you have Don't Starve Together lag that prevents you from enjoying the game, you can use a VPN solution to reduce ping and eliminate delays.
- Don't hesitate to check out our VPN Troubleshooting Hub for any issues with your VPN.
- Visit our Gaming VPN section to see what else you can do to improve your gameplay.
Don’t Starve Together represents the multiplayer version of Don’t Starve. It’s a survival game that you can play with your friends to gather resources, craft items, fight off strange creatures, and do everything you can to stay alive (preferably together).
You can play it on Steam, Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Unlike Don’t Starve, the multiplayer edition doesn’t have a story mode, and there’s no endgame. However, it has more content and more characters you can choose based on your playing style.
Unfortunately, some players report Don’t Starve Together lag while trying to enjoy the game. It can become troubling, especially if you’re in the middle of combat.
However, you can easily fix Don’t Starve Together lag and enhance your gaming experience with the aid of a dependable virtual private network solution since a VPN can improve your ping.
What are the best VPNs to fix Don’t Starve Together lag?
The best way to reduce Don’t Starve Together ping is by using Private Internet Access (PIA). Created by Kape Technologies, PIA enables you to connect to +3,200 servers in 46 countries. You just have to find the optimal route to the game server.
PIA is one of the best VPN apps for Windows 10. It supports the OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols to provide top-notch security while creating speedy Internet connections.
How can PIA fix Don’t Starve Together lag:
- Refine your gaming experience with private DNS servers
- Select from static and dynamic IP addresses
- Offers DDoS protection during gameplay
- Doesn’t monitor your VPN traffic
Private Internet Access doesn’t have a free trial but ensures you with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Private Internet Access
Reduce Don't Starve Together lag and eliminate ping, all thanks to PIA.
CyberGhost VPN is the next best solution for reducing Don’t Starve Together lag so that you can fully take advantage of the game and stop dying due to high ping.
Owned by Kape Technologies, CyberGhost offers is the only free VPN solution on this list. With more than 6,200 servers in 89 countries, CyberGhost VPN encrypts your traffic using the OpenVPN protocol and connects you to the web in no time.
How can CyberGhost VPN fix Don’t Starve Together lag:
- Use exclusive DNS servers to keep your DNS queries safe
- Built-in DNS leak protection
- Offers anti-hacker protection to defend your router
- Doesn’t capture and log your activities
CyberGhost VPN offers a 1-day free trial. Plus, it comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Reduce ping and lag in Don't Starve Together using this robust VPN app.
BullGuard VPN is among the fastest VPN apps for your PC and tailor-made for fixing Don’t Starve Together ping. You can use more than 2,000 VPN servers from 16 countries to find the fastest route to your game server.
How can BullGuard VPN fix Don’t Starve Together lag:
- Auto-connects to the nearest VPN server
- Allows up to 6 simultaneous connections
- Works with desktop and mobile
BullGuard VPN doesn’t have a free trial but offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Fix Don't Starve Together lag by connecting to fast VPN servers provided by this service.
Don’t Starve Together is one of the most entertaining survival games for groups of friends. You can choose from unique characters and immerse yourself in a beautifully crafted world inspired by the work of filmmaker Tim Burton.
However, it can become frustrating to frequently experience Don’t Starve Together lag. In this case, the easiest solution is to get equipped with a powerful VPN tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
To show ping in Don’t Starve Together, press Tab and check out the host’s performance. You will get the Good, OK or Bad message, where Good means low ping (ideal for gameplay). OK and Bad mean high ping, which may result in jitter.
No, Don’t Starve Together is completely independent of Don’t Starve, so you don’t need one to play the other. But you can have both games installed at the same time without any issues.
Yes, you can play Don’t Starve Together alone. Although the game focuses on multiplayer mode, it also lets you host game servers without other players. But you can keep it open for others (just in case you change your mind).