Download Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update N version 1709
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is now live, yet there’s one thing still missing.The latest Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and KN editions is still not available for download.
As a quick reminder, the Windows 10 N editions offer the same functionality and features as the regular Windows 10 versions with one exception: media-related technologies.
More specifically, there is a series of programs that are not available in the N editions of Windows 10 version 1709, including the Windows Media Player, Skype, Video, Voice Recorder, and more.
In order to be able to use these tools, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update users need to download them separately.
Install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 version 1709
Although Microsoft has yet to release the Media Feature Pack for the latest Windows 10 version, you can check this page periodically and download it as soon as it’s been published.
Usually, the pack includes the following items:
- Windows Media Player user experience: Enables Windows Media Player features.
- Windows Media Player ActiveX control: Allows you to manipulate multimedia playback from a webpage or an app.
- Windows Media Format: Provides support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file container, and adds Windows Media audio and video codecs.
- Windows Media DRM: Enables the secure delivery of protected content for playback.
- Media sharing and Play To: Enables music, pictures, and videos on a networked computer to be shared with other computers and devices.
- Media Foundation: Provides support for content protection, audio and video quality, and interoperability for DRM.
- MPEG, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, and Dolby Digital audio codecs
- VC-1, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, and H.263 codecs
- Groove Music
- Voice Recorder
It’s been a week since Microsoft rolled out the Fall Creators Update OS, and many Windows 10 N and KN editions users are very disappointed with Microsoft. They say that the software giant should have released the Media Feature Pack shortly after having rolled out the OS update.
This is RIDICULOUS !
Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar organisation and they cannot coordinate the release of their OS with the release of a pack that MILLIONS of users need to continue using many features of that OS ?
All in all, if you run Windows 10 N or KN editions on your PC, be patient and check Microsoft’s Update page regularly until the pack is eventually published there within the coming days.
Microsoft and Sony just announced a new partnership focused on cloud gaming. This partnership will have a significant impact on the future of the gaming […]
Earlier this year we reported that SanDisk was going to launch the world’s first 1TB microSD card. The company kept its promise and the 1TB […]