- To download a Mixed Reality Portal for Windows 10, you must have a compatible Windows 10 PC.
- The Mixed Reality Portal app comes with Fall Creators Update, so be sure to update your system.
- You can also manually install the app from the official Microsoft Store if it’s missing.
- To learn how to use Mixed Reality Portal, make sure to have the right equipment and follow the steps from this guide.
Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal allows you to see and interact in the world around you with the help of a Virtual Reality headset. It includes both augmented reality and augmented virtuality and tries to combine the real world and virtual world.
The Mixed Reality Portal app allows you to use your Mixed Reality headset to experience virtual reality, from playing games to going to faraway places around the world.
Provided that you have a Windows Mixed Reality headset and a compatible Windows 10 PC, one more thing you need to get started is the Mixed Reality Portal app.
If you don’t seem to find the app installed on your PC, here is how to download the Mixed Reality Portal app for Windows 10.
How do I download the Mixed Reality Portal app?
1. Install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Press the Windows key and search for System Info.
- Click on System Information.
- Click on the System Summary section.
- On the right pane, check Windows Version under OS name. If your PC is running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1809 or above, you must have the app pre-installed.
- To open the app, search Mixed Reality Portal in the search.
The Mixed Reality Portal app requires a compatible PC running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1809 or later.
If you are not sure what version you are running, use the instructions from above to check your version.
If the Windows 10 version is older than 1809, update to the latest available version. The updates are free, and you can install them from the Updates section. Here’s how to do it.
Update Windows 10 to the latest version
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click the Check for update button. Windows will scan for pending Windows 10 updates and prompt you to install them.
- Make sure you have the required bandwidth and turn off Metered connection to download the updates.
After the updates are installed, check the Updates section again and see if more updates are available. Download and install all the updates available and restart your PC.
Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal app comes pre-installed with the Windows 10 version 1809 and later. Search for the app, launch and setup to get started.
2. Install from Microsoft Store
- From your PC browser, visit the Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal page.
- Click the Get button.
- When the This site is trying to open, a Microsoft Store pop-up appears, click the Open button.
- This will open the Microsoft Store with the Mixed Reality Portal page.
- Click the Get button and follow on-screen instructions to install the app.
Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal app comes pre-installed with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1809 or later updates.
However, if the app is missing from your computer, follow the guide to download the mixed reality portal for Windows 10.