- There are times when Windows Mixed Reality USB 3.0 is not working on your PC. It may all be related to the lack of full-sized ports needed for the connection.
- Assuming that WMR USB 3.0 has stopped being recognized, feel free to check if your operating system is up to date.
- When the USB 3.0 is not recognizable, just consider uninstalling and reinstalling the WMR app.
- Using the support of specialized software is a useful alternative to take into consideration.
However, your WMR compatible PC may not have the full-sized ports needed to connect your immersive headset.
Thus, users often reported that Windows Mixed Reality USB 3.0 has stopped being recognized. Most commonly, they confirm the following:
Just recently, WMR USB 3.0 has stopped being recognized, giving the Error code 4-1 or 4-4 USB errors.
In order to solve your WMR USB 3.0 error, read this article completely, and make sure this issue will never bother you again.
What to do if Windows Mixed Reality USB 3.0 isn’t working?
1. Check for Windows Updates
- Go to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- On the left side, click on Windows Update, then select Check for updates, from the right side.
2. Uninstall and reinstall Windows Mixed Reality
2.1 Uninstall Windows Mixed Reality
- Disconnect your headset.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- On the left side, click on Apps & features, and type Mixed Reality in the search box, from the right side.
- Click on the result, and select Uninstall.
2.2 Unpair your motion controllers
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- From the left side, select Bluetooth & other devices.
- Select each controller, and then click on Remove device.
3. Scan for hardware changes
- Open Device Manager.
- Check if the headset is listed under Monitors.
- On the top menu, select the Action tab, and then click on Scan for hardware changes.
4. Use a third-party software
You can also automatically fix this issue, by using a third-party software tool. You need to take into consideration that this option will surely save some precious time.
In order to make the Windows Mixed Reality USB 3.0 recognizable on your PC, we strongly recommend using a automated safe assistant.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
5. Connect your headset to a different USB port
If you see the Check your USB message, you should also try connecting your headset to a different USB port.
Also, it is important to make sure it’s a SuperSpeed USB 3.0, otherwise it will not be properly supported.
6. Try to connect your headset to another PC
Trying to connect your headset to another PC can be a useful option. However, if the other PC isn’t fully compatible with Windows Mixed Reality, you should check in Device Manager to see if the insufficient USB speed message appears.
If this problem persists on multiple PCs, your headset could be defective.
These were the most valuable options you can try in order to fix the Windows Mixed Reality USB 3.0 is not working issue.
Also, for a general apply, feel free to check some extra available options in order to solve the USB ports not working issue.
Moreover, you should share your thoughts in the comments section below, and let us know which solution worked best for you.