- Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app allows you to manage 20+ apps Adobe apps, including Adobe Premiere Pro.
- To use Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud, try uninstalling it after installing Premiere Pro.
- You can use also use the older version of Adobe Premiere Pro without installing Creative Cloud.
- Learn more about Adobe Premiere Pro and how to use the app without the CC client below.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the industry standard for video editing and used in film, TV and the web.
With the help of creative tools, third-party and Adobe Suite integration, and Adobe Sensei’s power, you can craft footage into polished films.
That said, being a part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud suite, installing Adobe Premiere Pro requires you to install the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app first.
Once installed, you can install other Adobe software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Now, what if you want to download Adobe Premiere Pro without the Creative Cloud?
For the uninitiated, Adobe has stopped releasing the standalone installer for Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator. However, you can still download Adobe Lightroom as a standalone app from the Windows Store.
How do I download Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud?
1. Get direct download link from Adobe support
- Go to the Adobe Help page and click the Chat icon in the bottom left corner.
- Make sure you have an active Adobe XD subscription.
- Sign in with your Adobe credential.
- When connected with an Adobe agent, ask them to provide you with a direct download for Adobe XD installer.
- Use the template below if required:
Hello, I need the direct download links / Offline installer for the new 2021 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro, could you please help me?
- Use the template below if required:
- The Adobe agent will provide a temporary link to download Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Download the file as soon as possible, as it may expire after 24 hours.
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file and run the Setup.exe file inside the folder.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud.
Before installing the app, make sure you have completely uninstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app using the Creative Cloud uninstaller. Here’s how to do it.
Adobe Premiere ProYou don’t need Creative Cloud to download and install Adobe Premiere Pro. Simply download the program directly and you’re halfway there!
2. Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app
- Download the latest Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller.
- After the download is complete, unzip the file and run the installer.
- When prompted by the uninstaller, click Uninstall.
- Click OK after you see the success message.
Restart your computer. After the restart, run the Adobe Premier Pro offline installer to install the app without the Creative Cloud desktop app.
Creative Cloud is essential for stable Adobe software performance
Unlike Adobe Lightroom, that is offered as a standalone app in Microsoft Store, other Adobe apps like Adobe Premiere Pro still require the users to download it via Creative Cloud app.
Creative Cloud is an Adobe desktop client that allows you to manage 20+ Adobe apps.
You can launch and update your desktop apps, manage and share your assets stored in Creative Cloud, synch files with your Adobe cloud account, and more.
Removing or uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud will leave you with no option to update Adobe Premiere Pro and other apps, manage Adobe Fonts and more.
However, if you still prefer to install Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud, you can use the workaround listed above to get a direct download link by contacting Adobe support.
3. Stop Creative Cloud background process
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, open the Startup tab.
- Scroll down and select Creative Cloud.
- Right-click on the app and choose Disable.
- Close the task manager and restart your computer.
- After the restart, open the Task Manager to see if the app is running the background.
Creative Cloud, by default, will start automatically after every restart. In some instances, the CC background process can take up more system resources than required.
To fix the problem, you can disable the app from the Startup apps tab.
If the app still starts after the restart, check out additional steps to stop Creative Cloud from running at startup.
Adobe’s Creative Cloud desktop app is required for almost all the Adobe software, including Adobe Premiere Pro.
However, if the CC desktop client is causing system resource usage issues, you can disable it from the startup apps tab.
While you can still remove Creative Cloud using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, once uninstaller other Adobe apps associated with the tool will stop responding.
So, the best way to install Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud is to contact Adobe support and get a direct download link to install the app.