- Driver error Code 32 points toward an issue with the essential system drivers.
- The quickest thing to do is to ensure that such software is up-to-date.
- In this case, a life-saver option is represented by dedicated driver software.
- Then, to fully repair this type of error you should follow all the step-by-step guides down below.
Driver error Code 32 is an issue that can arise for specific hardware devices.
Device Manager displays the error message for Code 32 within the General tab on device properties windows.
The full error message within the Device status box states:
A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32).
So, it’s obvious enough that this is a driver issue.
These are some of the potential resolutions for driver error Code 32.
How can I fix driver error Code 32?
1. Reinstall the driver
- Right-click the Start button in Windows 10 and select Run.
- Enter devmgmt.msc into Run’s box and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Expand the hardware category that includes the device with error code 32.
- Right-click the device to fix error code 32 for and select Uninstall device.
- Select Delete the driver software for this device option on the window that opens.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Thereafter, click the Action menu.
- Select the Scan for hardware changes option to reinstall the device.
2. Update your drivers
- Open the Device Manager
- Expand the category tree of the drivers you want to update
- Right-click on them and select Update driver
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software
- Reboot your PC after Windows installs the drivers
As this is a driver issue, updating the driver for the device is one of the more obvious resolutions. You can do it by following the above steps or by using an automatic third-party software that scans your PC, downloads and installs the latest drivers with just a few clicks.
That being said, you should consider the support from dedicated tools to improve your system performance fast. More so, you will repair corrupted drivers or errors once for all.
With this dedicated tool, you will automatically update PC drivers from its rich database with over 18 million drivers. You only have to select which drivers need to be updated and the rest is magic.
3. Undo system changes with System Restore
- Open the Run accessory in Windows.
- Input rstrui in the Open box within Run, and then click the OK option.
- Click Next on the System Restore window to continue.
- Select the Show more restore points check box.
- Choose a restore point that will roll Windows back to a date that predates the Code 32 error on your desktop or laptop. (If you’re not sure, select the restore point that goes the furthest back.)
- Note: Software installed after a selected restore point gets deleted. Click Scan for affected programs to check what software will be uninstalled.
- Click the Next option.
- Select the Finish option to confirm.
4. Delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters string values
- Open Run’s window.
- Enter Regedit in the blank box and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Open this registry path:
- Identify what GUID subkey class in the registry corresponds to the hardware device you need to fix error code 32 for on Microsoft’s System-Defined Device Setup Classes page.
- Select the respective registry subkey.
- Right-click UpperFilters and select Delete.
- Right-click LowerFilters to select Delete.
- Exit the Registry Editor.
- Thereafter, click Restart on the Start menu.
Those are among the most probable fixes for the Code 32 error.
There might be other ways to fix Code 32, however, so feel free to share alternative resolutions you might know in the comments section below.