- The DRIVER_UNMAPPING_INVALID_VIEW error is usually related to problems with your drivers or sometimes faulty hardware.
- To easily solve this error, you can use a dedicated tool for BSoD, that can detect threads and restore damaged system files.
- You should also try running the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooting solutions.
- Installing all the system updates available will keep your computer free from errors.
Most errors on your Windows 10 PC are relatively harmless, but Blue Screen of Death errors can cause your computer to crash and lose unsaved work.
Blue Screen of Death errors can be difficult to troubleshoot and diagnose. Anyway, they can damage your computer, so you have to solve them as soon as you encounter such problems.
Since these types of errors can cause so many problems, today we’re going to show you how to fix DRIVER UNMAPPING INVALID VIEW error.
How do I fix the DRIVER UNMAPPING INVALID VIEW error?
1. Use a dedicated tool for BSoD errors
Discovering the possible causes and then the solutions to solve computer errors such as BSoD can be a difficult task. Fortunately, software solutions to help you out were developed.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Download the latest updates for Windows 10
To make sure that your system is running without any problems, be sure to download the latest Windows 10 updates frequently.
Windows 10 might have certain issues with both hardware and software, and these issues can cause Blue Screen of Death errors, such as DRIVER UNMAPPING INVALID VIEW to appear.
In order to prevent these errors from appearing it’s important that you download the latest Windows 10 updates. Microsoft is frequently releasing new updates through Windows Update.
Many of these updates address both hardware and software issues, therefore if you wish to keep your PC safe and free from BSoD errors, we advise you to download these updates frequently.
3. Run the Hardware troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooter.
If updating Windows and drivers didn’t get the job done, we’re going to try Windows 10’s built-in troubleshooter. This tool can be helpful when dealing with all sorts of issues, including BSOD error.
If the Windows troubleshooter has stopped working or is freezing, you can check our comprehensive guide with solutions for this problem!
4. Download the latest drivers
Your operating system relies heavily on drivers in order to work with your hardware, and if certain drivers are out of date, you won’t be able to use your hardware properly.
Moreover, you’ll encounter a DRIVER UNMAPPING INVALID VIEW error. To fix this error, it’s important that you find the driver that is causing it and update it.
Users reported certain issues with Intel wireless adapter, and after updating the wireless adapter drivers the issue was resolved, so be sure to update your wireless adapter first.
Searching for drivers on your own can be time-consuming. So, we advise you to use a tool that will do this for you automatically.
Using an automatic driver updater will certainly save you from the hassle of searching for drivers manually, and it will always keep your system up to date with the latest drivers.
5. Run the SFC scan
- Open the Windows search bar and type cmd and open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Enter the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Wait until the process is done (it may take a while).
- If the solution is found, it will automatically be applied.
- Now, close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.
The next troubleshooter we’re going to try is the SFC scan. This tool scans your system for potential issues and resolves them. If the solution is possible, of course.
6. Run the DISM tool
- Follow the first two steps from the above solution to open Command Prompt as admin.
- Paste the following command and press Enter:
- Wait until the scan is finished.
- Restart your computer and try updating again.
And the third troubleshooter we’re going to try is DISM. Deployment Image Servicing and Management is a tool that deploys the system image all over again.
However, sometimes the DISM tool fails on Windows 10. If this happens, make sure to check our dedicated guide to fix the problem.
7. Remove / disable problematic applications
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog.
- Type msconfig and press Enter or click OK.
- When System Configuration window opens, click Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
- Go to Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services. Press the Disable all button.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Start Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
- When Task Manager opens go to Startup tab.
- Right click each item on the list and select Disable from the menu.
- After you disable all startup applications close Task Manager and restart your computer.
Sometimes third-party applications can cause these types of errors to appear, therefore it’s crucial that you find the application that is causing this error and remove it.
We have to mention that you should uninstall any applications that you installed or updated recently because they might be the cause for DRIVER_UNMAPPING_INVALID_VIEW error.
One of the simplest ways to find problematic applications is to perform a Clean boot. To do that, just follow the above steps.
After disabling all startup applications and services, check if the BSoD error is fixed. If the error doesn’t appear anymore, it means that it was caused by one of the disabled applications or services.
To find out which application is causing this error you need to repeat these steps and enable applications and services one by one until you find the one that is causing this error to appear.
8. Perform a Windows 10 reset
- Restart your computer a few times during the boot sequence to start Automatic Repair.
- . You can also do that by holding the Shift key and clicking the Restart button.
- Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything. You might be asked to insert Windows 10 installation media, so be ready to do that.
- Select Only the drive where Windows is installed > Just remove my files.
- Click Reset to start the Windows 10 reset and follow the instructions on the screen in order to complete it.
If the DRIVER UNMAPPING INVALID VIEW error is caused by software, you can fix it by performing a Windows 10 reset. To perform Windows 10 reset, you might also need a bootable USB flash drive.
We have to warn you that Windows 10 reset is similar to clean install, and it will delete all files from your C partition, so be sure to back up your important files.
Once the Windows 10 reset is done, you’ll have a new installation of Windows 10. If the Blue Screen of Death error appears again, it means that it is caused by a hardware problem.
9. Check for faulty hardware
DRIVER UNMAPPING NVALID VIEW can be caused by faulty hardware, so it’s crucial that you remove any recently installed hardware since it might not be fully compatible with your PC.
If the recently installed hardware is not the problem, be sure to check your RAM, motherboard, hard drive, and all other major components.
Few users reported issues with Intel wireless adapter, and after removing the adapter and updating its drivers, the issue was resolved.
DRIVER_UNMAPPING_INVALID_VIEW error can be problematic, but we hope that you managed to fix this error by using one of our solutions.
If you have any suggestions that we should add to this guide or have another issue, please let us know in a comment below.