Even though DriverAgent Plus seems like a handy little software that allows you to keep all the drivers on your PC up to date, this app comes bundled with other dangerous and hidden third party software.
This tool is presented as the free software but doesn’t allow you to fix any drivers on your PC if you don’t pay for the services.
Beyond this, DriverAgent Plus installs some adware on your PC, that can pester you for a long time after you decided to uninstall the base software, and also leaves you open to phishing and other cyber attacks.
As we concluded that DriverAgent Plus is adware, in this article we will explore the best method to solve this issue. We will first remove every trace of this software from your computer’s hard-drive, and then make sure no adware remains. Read on to find out how to do it.
How to remove Driver Agent Plus on Windows 10?
1. Completely remove DriverAgent Plus from your computer
- Press ‘Win + X keys’ on the keyboard, and select ‘Apps and features’ from the menu.
- Inside the programs list, search for DriverAgent Plus > Select it > click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the removal process.
- Once this process is complete, follow the next step.
2. Use Bitdefender Antivirus to remove any unwanted files from your computer
- Download Bitdefender Antivirus. In order to do so, you will need to visit the official Bitdefender webpage.
- After the download process is completed, you will need to run the installer, and follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the installation.
- Open up Bitdefender, and select ‘System scan’
- Bitdefender will now start the process of analysis of your computer hard-drive.
- Close the application after the process is completed.
3. Use anti-malware software to remove any remaining files
Malwarebytes is a very powerful software that allows you to scan, and remove any malware from your PC. This application is extremely useful, as it covers areas of your hard-drive that your antivirus software might miss.
Emsisoft is another great malware application that scans your system in-depth for any malware, adware, and bloatware.
Here are some of its best features:
- Ransomware protection
- Removes PUP (Potentially unwanted programs)
- Stops keyloggers and trojans
In this article we answered the question ‘Is DriverAgent Plus safe?’, and also explored the best steps to take in order to remove all aspects of this software from your PC.
Please let us know if this article helped you, by using the comment section below.