How to play DVD Video_TS folder files in Windows 10
Those who have downloaded movies from torrent sites might have spotted Video_TS (video transport stream) folders in File Explorer. Video_TS is a folder that includes DVD data for the downloaded movie.
The folder includes three Video_TS data files within one of its subfolders. Thus, some users might wonder how they can play the DVD TS data after downloading movies. Here are three ways users can play DVD Video_TS folder files in Windows.
Three Methods to Play DVD Video_TS Folder Files
Method 1: Burn the Video_TS to a DVD
Firstly, users can burn the DVD Video_TS folder to a blank disc. Users will need a blank DVD-RW disc to burn to and DVD burner software. Free DVD Video Burner is straightforward, if somewhat basic, Windows software to burn a TS folder to disc with. Follow the guidelines below to burn a Video_TS to DVD with Free DVD Video Burner.
- Click the Download button on the Free DVD Video Burner page to save the software’s installer to a folder.
- Then open the software’s setup file to install it.
- Insert a blank DVD-RW in the DVD drive.
- Open the Free DVD Video Burner window shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Click the Browse button to select the Video_TS folder to burn to DVD.
- Select the DVD drive from the Drive drop-down menu.
- Then press the Burn button.
— RELATED: 8 best BitTorrent privacy software for 2018
Method 2: Play Video_TS Files in the VLC Media Player
VLC users can play Video_TS files without burning them to DVD. The VLC media player supports the Video_TS format so that its users can play TS files without DVD. VLC users can play TS files as follows.
- Open the VLC website in a browser.
- Press the Download VLC button to save the media player’s setup wizard to a folder.
- Open the VLC setup wizard to add the software to Windows.
- Next, launch the VLC software.
- Click Media at the top left of the VLC window to open that menu.
- Select the Open Folder option.
- Then select the Video_TS folder to import into VLC.
- Press the Select Folder button.
- Then click the Play button to playback the video.
Method 3: Convert a Video_TS to MP4 With WinX DVD
However, not all media software support the Video_TS format. Those users who need to play Video_TS files in media players that don’t support the format can convert the TS folder to MP4 format.
WinX DVD is freeware Windows software with which users can convert Video_TS folders to MP4s. This is how WinX DVD users can convert TS folders to MP4s.
- Click the Download Now button on Softpedia’s WinX DVD Ripper page.
- Open the folder the software downloaded to. Click the WinX DVD installer to add the software to Windows.
- Open the WinX DVD software.
- Press the + Folder button to select the Video_TS folder.
- Select to MP4 as the format to convert the Video_TS to.
- Click the Browse button to choose an output folder to save the new MP4 file in.
- Click Start to convert the Video_TS to MP4.
- Thereafter, open a media player to play the new MP4 with.
So users can play Video_TS files in VLC, convert them to MP4s, and burn them to DVD for playback in Windows. This software guide provides further details for some of the best DVD-burning software that you can add video content to DVDs with.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s how to open VOB files on Windows 10 computers
- Convert DVD to digital files with these tools for Windows PCs
- The best cross-platform media players to use
Windows 10 version 1903 has a new non-security update that addresses a problem in which users are unable to use USB Audio 2.0 multi-channel microphones […]
Cisco AnyConnect is VPN software that incorporates advanced protection for blocking malware at endpoints. However, some users have said that they can’t install or launch […]