Steps to enable dark theme in Chromium Edge browser
The new version has a lot of similarities with the Google Chrome browser and it has inherited a few features from the browser as well.
Well, if you’re interested in testing the upcoming version of Edge along with its dark mode, you can download the browser installer.
How to enable dark theme in Chromium Edge browser
1. First, you need to type the following code in the address bar to launch the flags screen.
2. Then, the Google Chrome screen will show the flag configuration interface. Search for the following option using the search box:
Another way is navigating directly to the flag by pasting the following code in Microsoft Edge‘s address bar:
The flag basically allows the browser to adapt to the system settings in the operating system.
Furthermore, the description also states that the development of the Chromium-based browser‘s Mac version is currently in progress.
3. Initially, this flag has been set to Default. The dark theme can be activated by switching the option to Enable. The settings will be saved after you reboot your browser.
4. The dark mode in the system settings need to be activated in order to use the feature in the Microsoft Edge browser.
The feature can be activated by navigating to the below-mentioned path in Windows 10 Settings app.
Settings > Personalization > Colors > Choose your color > Dark
The changes will be reflected in the UI of your OS. The dark or light theme changes in Windows 10 system will be applied to the new Edge browser in your system.
The Chromium Edge browser has not been officially released yet but the company plans to release it very soon.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to use Picture in Picture mode in Chromium Edge
- Chromium-based Edge lets you download Chrome Store extensions
- Edge to get Native Caret browsing and High Contrast mode
A support article recently published by Microsoft says that Windows 10 May 2019 Update may fail to download and install on certain devices. More specifically, […]
Google Chrome is a browser renowned for its speed and reliability. So, it’s a little surprising that some users have stated on forums that Chrome […]
Many EA fans reported There was a problem connecting to EA servers while trying to run certain games. Luckily, most of the time it’s not […]