- Chrome's great features and options are designed to enhance your browsing experience.
- You may want to consider using a multi-function browser alternative, which you can find below.
- You can use a dedicated web app to change the Google theme and set it as you wish.
- Also, use the Chrome theme creator and follow our step-by-step guide below.
Adding a new theme to Chrome is one of the best ways to customize the browser.
There are two ways in which you can design a custom theme for Chrome and one of the ways is to code a theme with a manifest.json file.
However, you can also design a customized theme for the browser with a few web apps.
Theme Creator is one web app with which you can add custom colors and images to Chrome. This is how you can set up a customized theme for Chrome with the Theme Creator.
In this article we are presenting a step-by-step guide on how to customize your Chrome theme, so keep reading.
Among all the amazing customization features that Opera brings, the option to add even more personality to your browser through adding a Theme is one that we like the most.
You can choose the theme you like from the catalog, or you can add an image of your own. If you have a favorite photo, or you simply feel inspired by a certain image, you can now use it as your theme each time you open the Opera.
However, if you decide to use Opera’s catalog, you can easily enable the Dark Theme by accessing the Appearance menu.
OperaBring your unique style and personality to the browser, and customize it by creating a theme with your favorite picture!
How can I customize my Google Chrome theme?
1. Use a dedicated web app
- Open the Theme Creator web app.
- Enter a title for the theme in the text box on the Basic tab.
- Select the Images tab.
- Press the Choose Image button for the NTP Background.
- Next, select a wallpaper and press the Open button.
- Select the fill to screen option shown to ensure the background image doesn’t leave any blank space.
- Adjust the scale of the image by entering alternative values in the Scale text box.
- Add a picture following these steps:
- Press the Choose Image button for Frame.
- You can add images to the toolbar and browser tabs by pressing the Tab Background and Toolbar Choose Image buttons.
- Next, select the Colors tab. There you can adjust the color scheme for the theme’s text and buttons.
- Click the Tab Text color palette to open the palette.
- Choose a color for the text by dragging the small circle on the palette with the mouse.
- To adjust frame and tab background colors, select the Images tab.
- Next, you can open color palettes for the browser’s frame and toolbar much the same.
- When you’ve set up a completed theme, select the Pack tab.
- Press the Pack and Install button to add the new theme to Chrome.
- Click the Add theme button to confirm.
- If you need to revert to your browsers default theme:
- Click the Customize Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser.
- Select Settings to open the tab shown directly below.
- Then click Reset To Default to remove the theme.
2. Use chrome Theme Maker
Chrome Theme Maker is a similar web app to the Theme Creator with which you can add custom themes to the browser.
With this app, you can add images to Chrome’s New Tab page background, tab, toolbar, and frame. Note that the images need to be in a PNG format before you can add them to the theme in this web app.
You can also select to add various color elements to Chrome with the palettes included on the Colors tab. Check out the Chrome Theme Maker web app and choose your favorite.
Theme Creator and Chrome Theme Maker give you a quick and straightforward way to set up your own custom themes. With those web apps, you can now revitalize Chrome with a unique and colorful theme.
Let us know in the comment section below which option you used to customize your theme.