- Epic Privacy Browser is built to minimize your online footprint as much as possible.
- Despite its awesome features, occasional issues may appear. Here's what to do if the Epic Privacy Browser simply won't work.
- Particularly concerned with online privacy? Get a taste of peace of mind with these Best Privacy Software for Windows 10 & Mac.
- Feel free to explore our Browsing Hub and get more useful tips on how to improve your interaction with the world wide web.
This can be a big problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this once and for all.
The quickest way is to update your operating system. In most cases, apps don’t work because of outdated security patches. If that doesn’t solve the problem, disable the Firewall and flush the DNS.
To learn how you can do that, follow the steps below.
How can I fix the Epic browser on Windows 10?
If you value the confidentiality of your data and have a particular interest in preserving your online activities anonymous and untraceable, you would not want to miss the chance to use Opera, the browser with the utmost concern for privacy.
This privacy-focused browser offers everything that Epic Privacy Browser has to offer and more. Having undertaken a complete overhaul, Opera is built as a powerful, but lightweight browsing solution that doesn’t use too much of your resources.
Boasting some special features such as a built-in VVPN tool to anonymize your browsing history and an integrated adblocker to keep invisible trackers at bay, you can be sure that whatever you do online remains strictly your business and yours alone.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Fully customizable UI with themes, modes, sidebar display, and keyboard combo included
- Turbo mode to further enhance speed
- Integrated adblocker to eliminate distractions, optimize web pages loading times and streamline your browsing experience
- Integrated VPN tool to anonymize your browsing and unblock geo-restricted content
- Integrated snapshot tool to capture your screen effortlessly
- Customizable workflow and workspaces with instant messaging and social media apps like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to chat, explore and stay in touch with the latest news without leaving your browser’s windows
OperaReimagine browsing: faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free with Opera - the browser with the utmost concern for privacy!
2. Update your Windows 10 PC
- Go to Start > Settings.
- Now click on Update & Security.
- In the left side-panel, make sure that Windows Update is selected, and then in the right section click on Check for updates.
- If there are any new updates, install them, and then check the Epic Privacy Browser.
3. Disable the Firewall
- In the Windows search box type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Select System and Security > then Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left side-panel select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Now click on the checkmark in front of Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Click OK. It’s also advised to check if Windows Defender Firewall is blocking a certain program, such as the Epic Privacy Browser in this case.
4. Flush DNS
- In the Windows search box type cmd, right-click the first result, and select Run as Administrator. If you can’t run Command Prompt as an administrator, check out our guide on how to fix it.
- Then type ipconfig /flushdns.
- After the process is over, you will see the Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
5. Get a new IP address
- Open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel select Network and Internet > then Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, in the right section, you’ll see 2 options: Access type and Connections. Click on the link next to Connections.
- In the new window that appears, click on Proprieties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Proprieties.
- In the new window click on the checkmark in front of Use the following IP address.
- Enter your new IP address and then check Validate settings upon exit.
- Click OK on all windows.
That’s it. If you followed the steps closely, your Epic Privacy Browser should now work without any problems on Windows 10.
Got any more questions or suggestions? Feel free to post them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to take a look.