How to Fix Epson Scanner Problems in Windows 10
Epson is one of the most renowned manufacturers of scanners and printers in the world, and its peripherals are used by millions of users. But, some of these users reported that they’re unable to run Epson scanners after Windows 10 upgrade, so we’ll show them a couple of solutions for that problem.
Here’s How to Fix Epson Scanner Problems in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Configure Scanner For Your Connection
First thing we’re going to try is to configure your connection with the scanner. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Go to Start Menu, All Apps, Epson, and then to Epson Scanner Settings
- Check Network, and then go to Add
- Now, select IP address of your device and click OK If you configured your network, and you’re still unable to run Epson scanner, try some of the following solutions.
Solution 2 – Make Sure WIA Service is Running
If Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is disabled, you can’t run any scanner on your computer, so we’re going to check if it’s enabled, and enable it if it isn’t. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Go to Search, type services.msc and open Services
- Find Windows Image Acquisition service, right click on it and go to Properties
- Set startup type to Automatic, and click on Run
- Click OK to save the changes
Solution 3 – Download the Latest Scan Event Manager
Epson Scan Event Manager is a utility software which runs your scanner, and if you’re running an older version of this software, there’s a big chance it’s not compatible with Windows 10. So, go to the Epson website, and look for the latest version of Scan Event Manager for your scanner.
Since we’re talking about compatibility, if you’re using a scanner which is more than 10 years old, it’s probably not compatible with Window 10 at all, so you should consider getting a new scanner.
A wide number of users have complained about an issue caused by Windows 10 Calendar not syncing with Gmail/Outlook. This issue can cause a lot […]
Hulu can be a great entertainment platform, but many users reported Sorry this channel is temporarily unavailable message while watching live sports feed. While that […]
Today Microsoft released a new Windows 10 19H2 build for a subset of lucky Windows insiders in the Slow ring. It’s not really new, because […]